• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    what type or where can i get washers for indexing a yhm break. the one that came with the break is not correct the ports are angled down. does yhm sell diffrent thickness i couldnt find any on there site? is there another supplier? the last thing i want is one the that is not concentric since i will be using this to mount my 556 can.

thanks

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If you can't index a muzzle device with a crush washer you aren't doing it right.

While lots of folks get away w/ using a crush washer, it's generally considered better (and part of the installation instructions of many silencer manufacturers) to use a peel washer or shims when installing a mount for a silencer to ensure the bullet passes cleanly through the little hole at the end of the can...

-rvb

Last edited:

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    My $.02:

Don't crush it; Shim it. The last thing you want between you, your muzzle, and a suppressor is a malleable crush washer. Often times, the bore diameter of a suppressor is only a few thousandths difference than the bore of the rifle. If your crush washer heats up enough during a course of fire, it can soften and your suppressor CAN and WILL sag. It only takes the tiniest degree of sag to cause baffle strikes, worse case a muzzle cap end strike, and/or at worst case: catastrophic failure with hot shrapnel flying everywhere. Shim your muzzle devices for use with suppressors. Take the extra time and do it right. Shim it, time it, remove it, clean the threads, apply some Rocksett, reinstall shims and muzzle device, torque properly, allow to dry for 24 hours, then go rock your suppressor. If you can't do that, PLEASE have an experienced gun smith do it for you. Your rifle, your can, your wallet, your face, and your insurance premiums will thank you later.

Last edited:

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    If all else, OP, take a trip to Bloomington, bring some shims and some Rocksett, and I'll help you time it your YHMQD and install it.

Top Bottom