• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Not to sidetrack, by why identify yourself? Are you a police officer?

If a BG is worthy of being shot, then I'm gonna do just that-- no identifying myself, no 'warning shot'.

What he said. The safest shot is on in the back, and if I have to intervene in a violent crime, that is exactly the shot I intend to take if it presents itself.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I agree 100% with this statement, but a gun in a gas station attendents face is a threat to their life if you ask me. I've heard several times of either they clerk takes too long and they shoot them (as previously stated) or they get the money and blast the clerk anyway so they can't ID them later. If I think I can drop him without anyone else getting hurt. I'm going to.

I used to work mid shift in an Albuquerque convenience store. Got robbed at least weekly. Never with a weapon. They knew showing a weapon could get them shot, according to APD. In those situations, I wouldn't intervene. Once a weapon is displayed, violent intent is assumed, at least on my part.

Actually, the one time I pulled my gun, there were no weapons displayed by the bad guys. There were simply four of them, and two of them started over the counter even after being given all the money I could give them. They most likely weren't coming over the counter to give me a hug of gratitude...

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    So let's say you are carrying and go into a gas station and it happens to have a robbery in progress. If the perp has a knife or firearm would you draw on him/her or just be ready to draw if they turn on you? I am new to LTCH and mine should arrive in the next few weeks. I haven't carried before and don't neccessarily plan to but wonder about so many possible situations.
    If you want a detailed education on the justifiable use of deadly force under Indiana law, that is included in my "Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law" course. The next class is Nov. 7 at Eagle Creek Pistol Range in Indy. Check out Home Page for details. (I'm offering a $50 discount for INGO members.)

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Depending on circumstance and available choice of "cover", not "concealment", being a better witness may be a better choice than permanently rehabilitating the poor, downtrodden offender.

Of course, all bets are off if the perpetrator turns and wants to rob me.

Guns beat knives at fifteen feet, especially when the gun is "ready to go."

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you want a detailed education on the justifiable use of deadly force under Indiana law, that is included in my "Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law" course. The next class is Nov. 7 at Eagle Creek Pistol Range in Indy. Check out Home Page for details. (I'm offering a $50 discount for INGO members.)

I am interested in learning more about your course. I'll check it out. Can you pm me more information? I'll also check out the site

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Guns beat knives at fifteen feet, especially when the gun is "ready to go."

I'd say guns beat knives at 15 feet ONLY if it's already ready to go, and even then you're probably still getting cut.

At 15 feet I'd take a knife in my hand over my holstered gun.

Top Bottom