• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I ran a tune up three gun match at our club yesterday, 21 shooters showed up...was fun and pointed out what a winter of not shooting can do to your skills.

Pistol was shot on a standard IDPA target, all stages were 6 shots
    1. 3 yards, 6 seconds
    2. 3 yards 6 seconds weak hand unsupported.
    3. 7 yards, 7 seconds
    4. 7 yards 7 seconds weak hand unsupported.
    5. 10 yards, 8 seconds
    6. 15 yards, 10 seconds

I dropped 4 points, all at 7 yards unsupported, I was shooting my new Combat Masterpieces for the first time. the average score was a minus 23...people need to work on weak hand big time.

Side note, 6 semi autos jammed...the two revolvers functioned perfectly.

Rifle was very simple, 5 plates at 50 yards offhand. I used my M1 Carbine, but was slow at 5.6 seconds. I had two misses because I was watching the plates rather than the sights...I know better...lol. However it was still a good time comparatively, people need to shoot more standing on their back legs instead of shooting from the bench all the time.

Shotgun was simple as well. 5 pepper poppers 3 feet apart at 15 yards. my times hovered around the 2.5 mark for two runs...should have been well under 2 seconds. I used Rio low recoil 00 buck in a H&K Benelli 121M.

All in all it was a good tune up, proved once again that shooting skills are perishable if not kept up. I plan on shooting revolvers for the most part this season with an occasional use of my race gun. I also plan to get in more trigger time this summer in practice.

Next shoot will be bench rest 22's at 50 yards...the 10/22 is all zeroed are ready. This is the target we will be shooting, the 10 ring is 1/4 inch, the X ring is the dot in the center...lol.

22brtarget1.jpg

Top Bottom