Yeah, not the most shining moment of my life...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Before you chime in with tips on how to further avoid this mishap, I already know. This is simply for all of you to come in, point, and laugh at me. I debated with myself about posting this, but hey, I do something dumb, I deserve it. So here's the story.

I'm at Shell today buying some drinks. I have my Kimber Stainless Custom II tucked in my waistband in the small of my back. I'm wearing khaki cargo shorts. Without warning, the thing slips past my waistband and drops on the floor in front of the person waiting in line behind me. I didn't make eye contact. All I did was reach down, pick it up, and tuck it in a more secure part of my waistband for the trip back to the car. Yes, from now on it's holster carry. Just figured I deserved some ridicule. So fire away, my flame suit is on.

me -->:flamethrower: <--- INGO

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm calling my congressman right now asking for an all out gun ban...we just can't afford to have guns falling out of people's pants. Afterall, Guns are dangerous!!!

Nah, in all honesty, it the gun ok?

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    It happen to me the other day, fortunely I was in the parking lot just look around and nobdy was there. my slide had a huge scratch but lesson learn do it the right way or don't do it.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    mexican-logo.jpg

I'm glad it didn't turn into a major ordeal for you..

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I used to get a lot of solicitors at my old house. I would always answer with a Glock in the back of my pants. One day I got some kids selling candy and as I opened the door that damn Glock fell out of my pants. That kid gave me the shortest sales pitch Ive ever heard and took off, lol. On the plus side I didnt get near as many solicitors after that:D

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I bet no one on here could come up with something that you haven't said to yourself already.......probably several times.
    No one got hurt, guns fine, lesson learned.

:ingo:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Best comment I've ever heard of is to see it skitter across the floor and loudly sigh, "Dang, I've been trying to teach it not to DO that!" and calmly reach down as you did to pick it back up.

Seriously, though... no flame here. You're already kicking yourself in the posterior enough. Us dogpiling on you isn't going to help anything. Live and learn.

Blessings,
    Bill

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I say we ban underwear!!! your underwear failed to keep everyone safe from your Gun, NO more fruit of the looms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Good thing we don't have an INGO "Goof of the week". We woud have to nominate you.:D

Just kidding. Don't beat yourself up to much, it happens to the best of us one time or another. Lessons learned.:ingo:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    If my gun fell out of my pants and onto the floor I would be very sad.

"This is my rifle. This is my...."

Top Bottom