• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwgr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I was wondering if anybody has seen any new Springfield XDs 9mm in stock at local gun stores. I know they are right in the middle of a recall so it might take a while.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    No, they have just placed an order for the parts to fix the problem. They will start repairs next week. Shipping back will be shortly after that.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I thought I saw an XDs or 2 in an LGS, but I think they may have both been the .45 versions. They could have been just the XDm compacts though, I didn't get a very close look since I'm not as interested in the XDs' as I am the XDms.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If they were XDSs, then the shop did not send them back per recall.
    It didn't matter what the serial was...it seemed that ALL 9mm & 45acp were affected.

At the time of recall, even though Springfield gave an estimated return date, they had no idea what the fix would be or when they could start repairs.

Here is a snippet of two consecutive emails from Springfield...

As we noted in last Friday's update, our testing of potential upgrade solutions has continued and we are pleased to tell you that we have made significant progress over the last seven days. We have now identified what we believe is our final upgrade solution and throughout this coming week we will be continuing with our thorough and exhaustive testing of that solution. It's because of our commitment to your safety that we are conducting such extensive testing and we are working as fast as we can so that we can return your upgraded pistol to you.

The most current:

Dear Springfield Customer,
    We are pleased to announce that our testing was successful and is complete. We will receive our first shipment of upgrade parts early next week

Once your pistol has been upgraded and is shipped back to you, an e-mail confirmation with tracking information will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided.

ALSO,
    Here's an email snippet that I do not understand why some people got and some people did not.
    Please note the bolded red;

We are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded XD-S™ pistol and we wish to express our deep gratitude to all our valued customers who have demonstrated such patience, support and loyalty to Springfield Armory®. As a small token of our thanks, we will be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    There is one at Mcgalliard guns I believe for 599 nib. You might want to call to confirm its xds but I am pretty sure it was.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I've been wondering, I'm assuming that they produced some XDs without the recall- upgrade problems, correct?
    You got me... :dunno: All I know is every single person I personally know that bought one and every single one on the shelf at the shop had to go back. I would figure that they were all manufactured identically and there has to be a fix for all of them. That's just my take on it.

It wasn't in an email that only some people got. It is in last Fridays update.
    Hmm. I didn't look at their page, I was reading updates posted elsewhere and some people actually got that in an email and some people had the same email word for word minus that sentence.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom