• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Picked up a Springfield XDS 45 this week. I'm not big on polymer guns anymore but I must admit this thing is really nice. Shoots well, feels good and so far it seems reliable. Surprisingly the recoil is quite manageable.

I have an ankle holster for a Glock 26 and this thing fits it really well. For a 45 it conceals really well. Only downside is the tiny magazine capacity. There has to be tradeoff somewhere.

This tiny little 45 will eventually replace my pk380 as a backup.

Springfield%20XDS%2045.jpg

DonkeyKong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2014
    Kokomo
    Always wondered how it shot considering being such a small handgun in .45
    i have an XDs in 9mm and love it, might have to try it in .45

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Was this gun made after the recall? And if so how would you rate the trigger? I have shot the 9 and it was really sweet but have heard the 45 not so much.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I own and carry the .45 on a daily basis. It's an awesome gun. That one in the pic is post-recall. Look at the grip safety it has the roll pin in it.
    I'm not a great shot, but this is a great gun. It's more accurate then I am. I like to shoot my XDs. Personally I hate the the extended mags, I always pinch my little finger when I seat the extended mag. It does have a good amount of recoil, but it's not much worse then my Para 1911.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I've had mine since shortly after they first came out. I carry it about 90% of the time, but it doesn't always give me a warm-n-fuzzy feeling.
    The .45 is a jumpy little thing. I had to learn to hold it differently to avoid the failure to return to battery which results in the much reported light primer strikes.

Try shooting one on a cold day after you've been at the range a couple of hours. Mine tries to climb out of my hand.

I thought the trigger came back worse after the recall.
    Love the size and ease of carry/concealability...control, accuracy,and the feel of the trigger, not so much.

I got a chance to shoot an XDs in 9mm for a side-by-side comparison. I did much better with the 9, but it might have been that I knew it wouldn't recoil nearly as much. Honestly, I might prefer to have one in 9.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    It's post recall. I bought it brand new just a few days ago. The trigger has some slack (which is to be expected). once you take up the slack it is a little mushy before the break. It's nowhere near as crisp as my old XD9 (regrettably sold). Maybe it will improve some with time. Honestly, it's hard for me to accurately assess the trigger since my normal weapon is a da/sa Sig.

I was surprised out how manageable the recoil is. Keep in mind, this little thing is probably not meant as a plinking gun nor will it be a tack driver. It would be best suited as a defense weapon and I plan on using it as a secondary.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I was also pleasantly surprised by the xds .45. My roommate purchased one about the same time I bought my shield. His is a 2 tone which looks really sharp, and I really like the fiber optic front sight. Was also surprised by how easy it was to shoot accurately. Nice choice!

Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    I was quite surprised how accurate mine is when I first got it. It is reliable and I've had no issues with it at all. I will say this: It's not the most enjoyable to shoot for long periods as you could expect from any subcompact .45.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Was this gun made after the recall? And if so how would you rate the trigger? I have shot the 9 and it was really sweet but have heard the 45 not so much.

I have a recalled XDs .45 and I could not detect any difference in trigger action before vs. after the recall work was done. You can see this is a post-recall model (either by manufacture or retrofit) due to the small roll pin in the backstrap safety lever. Pre-recall models don't have this.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I bought mine in .45 for the sole purpose of having an in-the-gut gun if I'm ever struggling for my primary carry piece. I couple of shots into the crotch, hips, leg or stomach should make a bg give it up. Mine is acceptably accurate at a reasonable combat distance (up to 10 yds) but it wears my hand out pretty fast. My hands are big enough to enjoy the Glock 21 and I weigh in at 200lbs but that little sucker can beat me up after less than 10 rounds.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife has been beating me up to find her a 1911 ever since I brought my first one home. One day she was looking at the XDs 45 in our LGS, and decided that it would be more practical of a .45 for her to carry than a 1911. She has shot it several times since it came home with us, and never had the first complaint. I kinda like the little fella, even if it does have a short stack in the mag.

Accuracy isnt bad at all, and recoil is manageable enough that I have no problems even with +P ammo in it.

I can see where it would make a great backup, or even a primary in situations that require a bit more discretion than a full size, without giving up the heavy lead that only a .45 can toss.

Top Bottom