• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have tried out several 9mm models over the past few weeks and really like the feel of Springfields.

I have been educating myself on these two guns, but I haven't found a main issue that would lead me to favor one over the other.

Does anyone here have experience with these two and willing to point out some pros and cons?

Thanks

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    No experience with the XDm other than holding it side by side with XD9sc when trying to decide which one to buy on Black Friday. I had been wanting the sc for some time, and Midwest had them on sale for $429, and the M for $519. I liked the feel of the sc alot better than the m, and as that is what I thought I already wanted, bought it. Shot the sc and really like it, much better pattern that I get with my XDs 45

edit: The XDm I held was the compact model

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Whoa, that's a GREAT price on both from Midwest! I was eyeing both the XD SC and XDm as well, and ended up going with the XDm 40 in compact form. I suspected that being just a bit larger than the XD SC would make the XDm a better experience in 40. Match grade barrel, changeable back straps (may or may not be a selling point), and so far, it's been great, totally reliable and very accurate. The only thing I kind of wish I'd done is spent extra $$ for the bi-tone... I'm not completely happy with how the melonite black finish has worn after two range visits, and though it's never been carried, it already kind of looks like it has.

drobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Greenwood
    I am definitely leaning towards the sc, although I am not sure if one has a definitive advantage over the other in 9mm...besides the slightly smaller size of the sc.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The XDm has a higher capacity. If a few rounds make a difference to you. Also keep in mind magazine availability. The XD mags seem plentiful but the XDm mags can be a chore to find at a decent price. I think you will be happy with either. If you can't decide, buy the XD and use the money you saved from not getting fhe XDm and buy a good holster, a few more mags and some more ammo.

BTW: I have the XDm 5.25 in 9mm and love it.

Top Bottom