• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix a light primer strike with an XDm?

I have .40 that is about 2 years old and has about 500 rounds through it. It was cleaned before the last range trip, but I ran into 6 miss fires with light primer strikes in 50 rounds. This is unacceptable for CCW.

What suggestions do you have to fix this? [sell it is not an option, I have too much 40 ammo].

Thanks,

Rabbitdave

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    You are not the only one with that problem. I was having the same issue with my .45 tactical with Fiocchi ammunition. I checked over on XD forums and it was common. I had to stick with WWB 230 gr HP's or my own reloads with CCI #300 primers. Brownells sells a trigger spring kit, but since mine is not a carry piece, I just run the ammo it likes.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    OP are you using reloads? If you are make sure that the primers are fully seated. You can test this by trying to fire the light primer rounds a second time,if they fire the primers were likely high.
    If that is not the case I would disassemble the striker and clean out the channel really well. Striker fired guns do not like gunk in this area.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    First step: Suspect the ammo.

What ammo was it?

Try several other makes / models of ammo and then report back.

If it's still exhibiting the problem, we can then move on to the next stage of diagnosis.

-J-

Top Bottom