• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Jebus Cripes! I sure never knew that lack of lube could cause all this mayhem! I have never in all my life been so relieved and HAPPY to find out I was an idiot!

It was caused by me being stingy with the lubricant! I put 100 rounds through the gun a while ago with ZERO issues!!!!!!!!! My baby is back! I will NEVER be stingy with the lube again. CRAZY. As I said I have much to learn about auto-pistols.

Yup, run her wet.

No get that blasphemous thought of getting a Glock out of your head and apologize for the thought :):

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Hey, can you go back and edit the original post? Having to read 9 pages to learn that it was a result of absent lubrication is not something I think most people will do. The false headline of the thread is harmful to the awesome xd(m)'s reputation. People are so willing to be critical of any brand that isn't their preferred brand, why make it easier?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hey, can you go back and edit the original post? Having to read 9 pages to learn that it was a result of absent lubrication is not something I think most people will do. The false headline of the thread is harmful to the awesome xd(m)'s reputation. People are so willing to be critical of any brand that isn't their preferred brand, why make it easier?

Excellent idea!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Excellent to hear that you've gotten your guns and your trust back! Now you just need to come out on a Saturday and join the rest of us for some IDPA and really see what those Sprongfields can do!

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    The pic is showing the extractor... The ejector would be in the lower frame... :)

That line in the pic is not a crack... It's the transition point where there is a radius leading to the thicker/taller end of the extractor. Where the line is and to the left is considerably thicker and taller than that to the right of the line.

Take the barrel out and check the claw end of the extractor... Can't see it in the pic because of the barrel.

Silly question... Maybe my memory is slipping, but I don't remember the recoil assembly looking like that... By chance is it inserted end for end ?

Dangit! Extractor. I knew that.

...extractor....extractor....extractor.

OP : Glad to hear you sorted it out. It's amazing how many issues can be solved with a little lube! :)

Top Bottom