• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Just picked up a new XDM 5.25 9mm and had a chance to try it out today.

All I can say is WOW. What a pleasure to shoot. I shot it some for groups, It is very accurate, but it got bored quickly with shooting groups.
    So I shot steel plates with it really nice. Low profile adjustable rear sight. though no adjustment was required and a bright fiber optic front sight.

For an out of the box polymer gun this thing is really impressive.

I was shooting federal bulk pack 9mm and had no problems keeping the groups 2" at 20 yards without any break in and zero malfunction.

Just felt I had to tell somebody :)

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City

All I can say is WOW. What a pleasure to shoot. I shot it some for groups, It is very accurate, but it got bored quickly with shooting groups.
    So I shot steel plates with it really nice. Low profile adjustable rear sight. though no adjustment was required and a bright fiber optic front sight.

I was shooting federal bulk pack 9mm and had no problems keeping the groups 2" at 20 yards without any break in and zero malfunction.

That is great news I still haven't shot mine yet...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Nice, thanks for the report! I've been eyeballing the .45 acp version at my LGS since he got one in, I kinda miss the XDM 45 I had and I think the competition model looks awesome! Maybe one of these days.. :rolleyes:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Hows the new XDM doing? Put many rounds downrange so far? I am still thinking about the 45 acp version, have any praises for me? :D

Well I have not spent alot of time with it but have probably shot 500 flawless rounds through it. Just used WWB and Federal bulk ammo and it gets tiny groups. I was thinking for Steel plate challenge I may not even hand load for it.
    I picked it up at a time when I have been working with another pistol and have not had the time I would like to shoot the 5.25. It's next though.
    I will say this the gun is nice, very accurate and easy to pickup and shoot right out of the box. Well, I say that but mine had trigger work done before I ever shot it so I don't really know what the factory trigger was like.

Would I buy one again? Most definitely, it shoots like a dream and is accurate like a 1911. I am also thinking of getting one in .45

I would not hesitate to recommend this gun. my experience so far has been nothing but positive.

joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    I purchased mine a little over a month ago and love it. I shot FNS with it and my times improved already. I have been practicing at a friends private range where he has three sections of steel set up. It just makes me smile when you here that steel ping!!!! I would suggest putting the green fiber optic on though. It stands out so much better and in high and low light. It makes for a better sight picture with it. Yes the trigger is a little heavy so that will be changed in the future but overall it is a fun gun to shoot. :ar15:

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I'd sure like to shoot your new gun.

Congratulations to you.

I have a friend that has been shooting his in competitation and he says it's great.

:cool:

Top Bottom