• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    So i've been looking, and some people have rigged XD sights to fit, anyone know which ones?

I'm looking for a 1:1 fit of any kind of night sights, but i'd prefer it if it was a name brand sight.

And if they make XDm night sights, i haven't found any info on them yet!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    You don't have to rig XD sights to fit because they fit just fine. The dovetails are the same size for the XD and XDm sights.

I had Trijicon 3 dot sights put on mine. (not my pic)
    DSCF1927.jpg

Tru Glo TFO's are also popular on the XDm, but some people have had the fiber optic/tritium tubes fall out (fixed with clear epoxy).
    dsc01673re7.jpg

Another popular set is the XS Big/Standard Dot.
    IMG_8487.jpg

Springfield does offer night sights from their custom shop that match the stock style which are $105 installed (have to send the slide to Springfield).
    DSCN0670.jpg

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Very nice pictures.

The only ones as of yet to retain the stock profile (flush with the back of the slide) are the stock Springfield. That would be my choice.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    What did it cost you for the sights and installation?
    I paid $80 for the Trijicons and $60 for installation (should have checked the price with the 'smith before dropping off my slide :n00b:). There are several shops that will install any sights they sell for free, while you wait.

I'm not sure of the turn-around time for the Springfield custom shop if you want to go that route.

There have been emails thrown around from Trijicon reps (on a XD forum) regarding a XDm specific rear sight with the OEM look (ramped front, extending to the back of the slide. They were said to be released this summer, but it obviously hasn't happened yet. The sights from Springfield are a pretty good deal if you don't mind sending off your slide.

One advantage to the current Trijicons, and the sights that IndyGunWorks posted, is that you could rack the slide with one hand on table or other protruding edge by resting the front of the rear sight and pushing downwards. Also, the rear sight is cut wider than the OEM allowing more visible light around the front sight, but you lose roughly a quarter inch when switching from the OEM sights.

One more thing. The Springfield custom shop sights and the Ameriglo's posted above have Trijicon tritium vials. I've only seen Meprolights brighter than Trijicons.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Yeah...Precision Arms of Indiana in Columbia City. I wouldn't recommend them. It took two weeks for them to get to it. He said, "Ok, that'll be $20, for the front, and $40 for the rear." Needless to say, I wasn't too happy.

JacobXDM40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    You don't have to rig XD sights to fit because they fit just fine. The dovetails are the same size for the XD and XDm sights.

I had Trijicon 3 dot sights put on mine. (not my pic)
    DSCF1927.jpg

Tru Glo TFO's are also popular on the XDm, but some people have had the fiber optic/tritium tubes fall out (fixed with clear epoxy).
    dsc01673re7.jpg

Another popular set is the XS Big/Standard Dot.
    IMG_8487.jpg

Springfield does offer night sights from their custom shop that match the stock style which are $105 installed (have to send the slide to Springfield).
    DSCN0670.jpg
    how did you paint you XDM's green and blue

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    $60 for installation

Wow I bought Meprolight night sights for my glock for $94 online and had Strictly Shooting instal; them for $15 and it took 10 minutes. later found out they sell the same sights for $96 with free install

Top Bottom