• ...and so much more!
  • XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I am looking for night sights for my XD. I am a newb with pistols so I know none of the brands/ styles of sights for these guns . I would appreciate all insight/comments.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I put meprolight sights on my XD9. I ruined a set of punches doing it, lol. Unbelievably hard to get the factory sights off. The front drift off in one direction and the rear in the other direction.

I put a dab of locktite on the new ones as I slid them in (probably not needed). I love them and they are dead on accurate. When you get the old sights off you'll see the marks in the frame where to center the new ones. When installing the new sights, remember that they SQUEEZE into place. Don't over insert them as the tightness holds them in place.

I got my meprolights from midways use for around $70 IIRC. Don't waste your time using brass punches to get the old ones off, go strait to steel for that.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    I had a set of trijicons installed on my xd40compact and they light up the night. Total price of sights and install was only 130. Worth taking a look at

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    You can get a red fiber optic front, but it isn't tritium. I have seen a red dot sight mounted on the rear dovetail of a XDm, but that wouldn't seem too practical for a carry gun.

Top Bottom