• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Just a question for you XD owners, what kind of holster to you use when you carry? I have a Blackhawk Serpa level 2 sportster and idk if I like it or not.

Reno_Morris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have a blackhawk serpa as well but I didn't get the sportster model. I don't like the paddle. I carry with belt attachment. When I carry concealed I use a leather IWB holster.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I used a Fobus SP-11 for range use for which it was perfect.

For carry use, I had a Don Hume IWB holster that was ok. Not super comfortable. Then I bought a Cross Breed supertuck. Very comfortable and well worth the price. It was a pain to put on but once positioned, it was very comfortable.

I also have a Raven Concealment that used to carry the XD with a M3 light mounted. Awesome holster and very comfortable. I ended up selling the XD because of the way I grip interfered with the slide release. I'm selling the Fobus and RCS holsters with the M3 light in the classifieds if you want to try them.

Last edited:

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Check out Hooch holsters on here. Great small business and great quality work. I got one of his holsters last week for my XD45 with TLR1, as well as helping my friend's wife get him one for his Glock 22. Great turnaround time on orders as well.

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD40 and XD40sc. I had the Galco Kingtuk, very similar to Crossbreed, but I found the leather to be too thick and would not conform to my body.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    For me, it just depends on how I'm carrying for the day. I use the Blackhawk Serpa (paddle) for OC and I have a Tagua for CC. I have found that for the $36 I paid for the Tagua, it is just as nice as the more expensive leather holsters. But that's just my opinion.

It took a little while to break the Tagua in, but it's quite comfortable now. One thing that I found--for me anyway--on the Tagua is to run my belt around the outside of the holster, rather than the inside. It holds my XD9SC closer to my side and it doesn't print near as much.

picture.php

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    For concealed carry of my XDsc or XDservice I use a crossbreed supertuck in horsehide. Fantastic and worth every penny. I also bought one of their belts.

For open carry, which I might do a couple times a year, I have a Blackhawk serpa. I am much more accustomed to the crossbreed (position, retention, comfort) so making comparisons is fruitless.

Top Bottom