• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    We've all read it. That looks easy. How could they miss that. I could do that...

OK sooner or later, I propose a week or two before deer archery season opens, it's going to happen. Some one is going to say let's see it. I propose the little slice of Indiana I like to call "Little Missouri", show me. Ya'll probably call it Lawrence county.

Until then has any one been trying to duplicate or imitate any of these Top Shot Challenges just to see how hard they really are?

Easy to imitate, easy to set up, safe to try just about any where. I think you'll find it a real eye opener as to just what the difficulty level is.

Statistics to replicate...

6ft of cotton string

Something more than 6 feet off the ground to tie it to.

Pop can full of water with the pull tab still attached.

Connect string and swing.

Single action revolver, I use a 22LR Ruger Single Six

Something in the picture set at 5 step intervals to verify shooting distances at a glance.

Start shooting and move one step closer after each shot until you hit one. Don't move any closer after the first hit. Fire all shots.

#of cans hit X number of steps away = total score. 1 round = one score = 6 shots max, Must shoot all 6 shots with no interuption in video feed. If you think you can hit one with each shot then you better swing 6 cans. Be sure your distance verification object (chair, rock, paint can) is visible in video.

Try it over and over all you want but I don't want to hear about "the one I forgot to start the camera..."

Example still picture of set up. I've only tried this once since I thought of it but I can tell it's gonna be "fun".
    picture.php

What have the rest of you been schemeing up since that top shot thread started?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Use string or fishing line to tie an old cd from a support. It will spin in the wind. See if you can hit it, shoot through the hole, or hit the side of the CD. How's that for a shot.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The only course of fire I thought was absurdly easy looking was the 50 and 100yd military rifle stuff they did on the first episode. I've actually thought all of the handgun related courses of fire looked very challenging. Have to admit this does sound like a great INGO meet and shoot - although I'm sure a lot of folks will be going home with bruised egos.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The only course of fire I thought was absurdly easy looking was the 50 and 100yd military rifle stuff they did on the first episode. I've actually thought all of the handgun related courses of fire looked very challenging. Have to admit this does sound like a great INGO meet and shoot - although I'm sure a lot of folks will be going home with bruised egos.

I'm kind of looking to see some of these guys who said something on TOP Shot looked so easy try to do it, along with the idea that eventually when it cools off to something below lead melting temperature have a little "show me" day to see how just videoed all day to get 10 seconds to post and who can do what they claim on the internet.

I like Lawrence county for it, #1 it's close to where I live. LOL. #2 there are 2 complete shotgun clubs each with full courses of trap, skeet, sporting clays. One of where I've shot and think they would be receptive to just about anything we would want to spend money on with them provided it doesn't interfere with an already scheduled shoot. #3 there is a lot of federal ground available to do about anything we want any way we want with out interferring range rules or range officers getting in a panic about some insurance regulation or another, and don't leave a big mess behind.

A couple weeks before bow season opens, I don't see any big problems with it.

Top Bottom