17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Sent to me by a friend. Great read!
    arms_factorie-1.jpg

capture_of_zella_mehlis_germany.jpg

capture_of_zella_mehlis_germany-2.jpg

arms_factorie-2.jpg

My friend's comment: They’ve got their mitts on at least 5 each. Oh yeah, I’m sure they only took one! I’d have buried a case. Can you imagine what 20 sequentially numbered P38s in the original wooden crate would be worth today???

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I was reading a full story to this on the Walther forum a few days ago.
    It seems really interesting to say the least. At the last Muncie gun show I saw a WW2 era Walther PP in 32acp that was "in the white" with mis matched serial numbers on the slide and frame, that the owner claimed had been assembled at the factory by a GI to bring home as a trophy.

Now that I think about it I kinda wish I had bought it. >_<

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Many of the design staff were given free passage to Argentina, where they started manufacturing PPKs which they labeled "Bersa Thunder .380s". :cheers:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    my grandpappy has a pistol he claims comes from a german soilder that had no use for it.

my great uncle had a pistol he claims came from an american soilder who had no use for it.

the previous 2 people mentioned are in no way related besides the marriage of my mother and father.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I know its wrong to say, but I guess those were the days. The only thing I ever "liberated" from an enemy combatant was :poop: the Soviets/Russians didn't want, or worse, a Chinese knock off!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My wife's grandfather (turned 90 in August) was on Normandy Beach on D-Day in June of 1944. He came ashore around 11:00am and most of the fighting was done by then except up on the cliffs. He was assigned 'clean-up duty' on the beach for 3 days. He won't talk about it except to say that several of his compatriots committed suicide during or shortly after that duty.

He, later, picked up an 'almost new' P-38 off of a dead SS Officer in a town they passed through. After the war, while still in Europe, he accidently 'lost' the gun in a drunkin' poker game and wishes he hadn't. While there's somethings he won't talk about, he has said that losing that P-38 was the one (1) regret he had from being over there. According to him, it was the 'sweetest shooting pistol'! Oh, he did meet his wife over there...she was a nurse who cared for him after he was wounded and they're both still living on their farm just NE of Bluffton, IN to this day! I have some great photos of him (and her) holding our kids...kinda neat!!!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My father in-law had the full German uniform, rifle, and pistol (make and model I would be guessing) that his brother "procured" and used to get to France undetected and then back to the allies when he was shot down (fighter pilot) during WW2.

Top Bottom