• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Everyone! We at the Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club will be hosting our first USPSA match of the year March 31st, 2012. As of right now, we are looking at 6 stages total (one being a classifier). Look for a minimum round count of 110 - 120 rounds. I've had quite a few people contact me this year so far who are newer shooters wanting to get into the sport so I'm really excited to see some new faces. Here are the specifics for match weekend:

SETUP, Friday, March 30th, 5 pm.*****
    MATCH, Saturday, March 31st, Shooter's meeting at 9:45 am, Match starts at 10 am.
    PRICE: $20, $10 for juniors who come with a paid shooter

*****EVERYONE**** For those who would be willing to come at 5 pm on Friday to help setup, I will be WAIVING the match fee for Saturday. That's right! You come help, you shoot for free!!!! Only catch is that you have to email me ahead of time. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

For the rules for USPSA, please see their website: USPSA Member Discounts and Promotions - United States Practical Shooting Association
    You do not need to be a member of USPSA to shoot. But you must be a member for your classifier scores to be submitted for credit.

I hope to see a big crowd there. I really like the stages I have lined up for this one. So come, bring a friend, and have a blast.

Thanks
    Jonathan Rhoades

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm hoping we can be really efficient for this match and get done at a decent time. As soon as we get done, I have to try to book it down to Indy for a cousin's wedding

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think this was the best match we've had in a long time. We had 42 shooters, which might be a record for USPSA at Wildcat since I took over. We also had a TON of first time IPSC/USPSA shooters that are wanting to get into the sport. So that was really cool to see.

Last night, I had 11 people show up to help setup, which is probably double the most I've ever had previously. It was certainly the first time that I had more people helping than I had tools. Groups had stages basically setting in place waiting on a drill to screw walls together. That was definitely the first time for that. I can't thank you guys enough for helping me with this. I think the stages came out great with maybe an issue here and there, but nothing big. I've received good feedback so far.

Also, thanks to EVERYONE who helped tear down today. I'm about to leave for a wedding shortly so it was really important to me that I get out of there at a decent time. By the time my squad finished and got our stage broke down, I think every other stage was already broken down and put away. So thank you very much for your help.

I leave town here in about an hour. I hope to have scores out possibly tomorrow after church, Monday at the latest.

Again, thank you all for your help and I hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    You forgot to mention it,but let me, YOU put on a great match today. Club level matches are not suppose to be that well staged and run! Thanks.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Good match today! I hope that other ranges take your lead and think about Saturday matches. Even as a non-member of WVRPC, I really wish you guys gave a Member discount. We did that at Marion County Fish and Game several years ago. When we instituted that policy, we saw a lot more folks join to support the club and save a few bucks on match fees. It was a net positive for us, and we saw a big influx of new people that wanted to help improve the club. Just food for thought; keep up the good work!

Top Bottom