WTT: Remington Model 700 22-250 for a decent Garand shooter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky

What I have is a Remington Model 700, 22-250, with a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 4x-12x 40mm scope #71-4124. I've got a couple boxes of rounds, some instruction booklets on the rifle and the scope, which I downloaded and printed from the internet, to throw in the deal too.

Before I owned it, it was my father-in-law's piece. Don't really use it at all. The entire rig was gifted to me without asking for it.

I'm not much into sporting firearms. I'm more interested in older military type stuff...

It's really a nice rifle, though. I've only put a dozen rounds or so through it, and before that probably only a couple dozen by the previous owner...my father-in-law.

It just doesn't get me high, and it's something I would have never purchased on my own...

What I'm looking for is a decent M1 Garand shooter. Doesn't have to be in beautiful, unissued condition, but I don't want something that looks like it's been submerged in Iron Bottom Sound for 50 years either.

I want an original GI piece, with no foreign made metal parts, decent wood, and reliable. I want to shoot it, not put it on the wall.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom