• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    This is the last of 3 SKS's that I had. It is a all numbers matching Norinco. I do not have the orignal box mag and there is small nicks on the left side of the stock by the magwell, you can see the nicks on the 3rd pic. Other then those two items the rifle is in great shape. I have shot it numerous times and have never had a problem with it.

SKS Rifle
    Plastic Mag (unknown Manufactuer)
    Steel Mag (Crude, but the best functioning SKS mag I have had)
    Sling
    Cleaning Kit in Rifle Butt

840 rds of Wolf 7.62x39
    60 rds of T.C.W. 7.62x39 made in Russia
    60 rds of S.U.E. 7.62x39 made in Russia
    29rds misc. 7.62x39
    All ammo comes in a 40mm ammo can (pictured)

Asking $475 FTF in Northern Indiana. May drive half way to meet buyer depending on distance.

Firearms033.jpg

Firearms034.jpg

Firearms035.jpg

Firearms036.jpg

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    coltaceguy What are the US parts installed on this weapon?

I'm guessing none since it's an all matching numbers original........ ?
    If it's a question about the assault rifle ban bullshi* that expired.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not the 922R compliance law. That's only if you replace a part though. If no parts have been replaced, your good to go.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    There is no US made parts in this rifle. The rifle was purchased in 1992 and the box mag was removed when I purchased it.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I believe he was saying this because of the 30rd mag.

BINGO.

I was asking because that rifle has OBVIOUSLY been mod'ed to take a detachable 30rd mag. It MUST be 922R complaint. Regardless of the "way you received it", YOU are in violation of the law. If there are no US parts on that rifle, yikes. Nothing to do with AWB. The rifle was taken from a "sporter" with a fixed magazine, to an "non-sporting" type rifle with the addition of the detached magazine. Much like if I took a mak-90 and installed a Pistol grip on it WITHOUT us parts, I'd be in violation of the law FYI.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    This rifle is not in violation.

First It was modified before 922r was implemented so it is exempt per the statue.

[FONT=&quot]It is unlawful to manufacture, transfer or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon as provided in 18 U.S.C. section 922 (v) [/FONT]. [FONT=&quot]However, a semiautomatic assault weapon, which was lawfully possessed under Federal law on September 13, 1994, may still be lawfully possessed and transferred.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]An SKS rifle with a fixed, non-detachable magazine is not a semiautomatic assault weapon. An SKS rifle having a detachable magazine and only 1 of the quali[/FONT][FONT=&quot]fying features [/FONT][FONT=&quot](i) [/FONT]- [FONT=&quot](v) is not a semiautomatic assault weapon.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Second according to 922r just changing out the box mag to a detachable does not make it in violation. It still needs two other "assault weapon" characteristics to make it an assault weapon.

[FONT=&quot]As defined in Section 921 (a) (30) (B) [/FONT], [FONT=&quot]of Title 18, United States Code (U.S.C.), the term “semiautomatic assault weapon” means a semiautomatic rifle that has an[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]least [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 of -[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](i) a folding[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]or telescoping stock;[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](ii) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]pistol [/FONT][FONT=&quot]grip [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](iii) a bayonet mount;[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](iv) a flash suppressor or a threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](v) a grenade launcher.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A semiautomatic SKS rifle with a detachable magazine and 2 or more of the above qualifying features (i) [/FONT]-[FONT=&quot](v) is a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined.[/FONT]

My SKS just for the first quote is exempt and second it does not fit the law for it being a assault weapon according to 921.

Thanks for viewing!

Top Bottom