• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    I have decided to part with my Gemtech Halo Suppressor, and used the money to fund another hobby! The Suppressor has had less than 300rds through it. The price is $500.00! I take money orders or cashiers checks! Photos upon request! All NFA rules apply!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I have decided to part with my Gemtech Halo Suppressor, and used the money to fund another hobby! The Suppressor has had less than 300rds through it. The price is $500.00! I take money orders or cashiers checks! Photos upon request! All NFA rules apply!

Can you add which caliber, and threading this suppressor is for.

Also perhaps a quick how-to for NFA item transfers for private sales.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The Halo is a suppressor for .223/5.56mm. It is a QD (quick detach) suppressor that does not utilize threads. It mounts to NATO spec flash hiders as found on most AR15/M16 rifles. For in-state transfers, they buyer and seller will need to complet BATFE Form 4's in duplicate, as well as a citizenship certification form. The buyer will need to get his local Chief Law Enforcement Officer to sign the Form 4's and he will need to affiix a passport photo to each. He will also need to be fingerprinted on BATFE approved cards and send those (also in duplicate) along with the Form 4's and citizenship form to BATFE in West Virginia. The current wait time on Form 4 approvals is right around 6 weeks.
    I'm here to help!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    The Halo is a suppressor for .223/5.56mm. It is a QD (quick detach) suppressor that does not utilize threads. It mounts to NATO spec flash hiders as found on most AR15/M16 rifles. For in-state transfers, they buyer and seller will need to complet BATFE Form 4's in duplicate, as well as a citizenship certification form. The buyer will need to get his local Chief Law Enforcement Officer to sign the Form 4's and he will need to affiix a passport photo to each. He will also need to be fingerprinted on BATFE approved cards and send those (also in duplicate) along with the Form 4's and citizenship form to BATFE in West Virginia. The current wait time on Form 4 approvals is right around 6 weeks.
    I'm here to help!

What he said! :):

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    are you paying for the transfer or the buyer or ?
    :lmfao::lmfao:

Ok, now that I've given you a hard time...
    It's customary for the buyer to pay the transfer tax on an NFA item, especially for an in-state deal. Now sometimes the seller will offer to pay the tax on his end for high-dollar sales if it's on a Form 4 out of state. Now if it's on a Form 3 then that's a different story...in fact, if you desire to learn more about the whole process, please PM me...:do2:

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    thanks but already own several NFA items
    I just thought the price was high enough the include the transfer since i was quoted a new one a while back for less $

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Wow, if you find a new one for less than $500 I'd like to have that dealer's number cuz I'm gonna buy it. The going price for a brand new one seems to be between 600 and 700, with 600 being a steal...

Top Bottom