• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I have a NIB RH Comp-Tac settable cant belt holster for a full sized Glock 17,22 etc. Also have a NIB LH Comp-Tac double mag pouch for a Glock also. Asking $50 for the holster and $30 for the mag pouch. Both are for a 1 1/2" belt.

I'll pick up shipping since I'm a nice guy and all.

Comp-Tac : Products

Comp-Tac : Products

Ok guys I love you all... but just to be clear...

The mag pouch is for a LEFT HANDED shooter, it fits on the RIGHT side!

The holster is for a RIGHT HANDED shooter.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I'm interested in the mag pouch. How does it attach?

I might even be able to meet up with you when you come down on the 14th.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    It attaches via plastic clips on to the belt. The pouch is for a left-handed shooter, just to be totally clear.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    It attaches via plastic clips on to the belt. The pouch is for a left-handed shooter, just to be totally clear.
    Yea, I read that and it didn't register. Too bad I'm not wrong handed. :):

Honestly though, does it really matter? I would think LH vs RH would be the same, at least with the mag pouch.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    The mag pouch is molded in such a way that you can carry it on the left side, but the mags will fit in reverse, with the nose of the rounds to the rear instead of the front.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    ETA: I'll have to pass, I missed that it was for a LH shooter.

BUMP!

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    The 19 will fit in it but the holster is fit for a 17 so it'll be a bit longer than the gun.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I am a right handed shooter. I don't know if this is just personal preference or not, but which way should the rounds be pointed in the mag pouch? I carry mine on the left side with the rounds facing backwards. I'll try the motions again today and see if that is how I like it or not. If so, then I might be able to use the mag pouch.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I always was taught to wear the mags with the bullets to the front, that way when you grab the mag you index the front of the cartridge with your index finger to help with inserting it into the mag well.

And the holster is SOLD. Thanks guys! Mag pouch still available.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I always was taught to wear the mags with the bullets to the front, that way when you grab the mag you index the front of the cartridge with your index finger to help with inserting it into the mag well.

And the holster is SOLD. Thanks guys! Mag pouch still available.
    Interesting. I have tried drawing mine with them inserted both ways, and bullets back seems a lot more natural to me because my fingers point to the back. I also don't have to roll my wrist or anything else weird to get them in the right position.

I'm still interested, I'll think about it some more and get back to you.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    The clips are similar to the older style clips on the CTAC, just wider.

DSCN0390.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    The clips are similar to the older style clips on the CTAC, just wider.
    I've never seen the clips on a CTAC, let alone an older style, so I have no clue what you're talking about. :dunno:

ETA: Of course you add pictures after I post! :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am a right handed shooter. I don't know if this is just personal preference or not, but which way should the rounds be pointed in the mag pouch? I carry mine on the left side with the rounds facing backwards. I'll try the motions again today and see if that is how I like it or not. If so, then I might be able to use the mag pouch.

It's a personal preference thing in my opinion. Most people will teach you to wear them with the bullets forward/toward the belt buckle because I think reloading that way works better for most shooters. However, I know some people who "beer can" their pistol reloads (bullets to the rear, no "twist" when you bring the mag to the gun necessary) and do quite well. Sniperdog on here is one who wears his mags with bullets to the rear and he's one of the fastest on reloads in this state.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    rob pincus tells us that reloading ala sniperdog is more efficient, therefore worthy of our consideration. i see his point and have watched sniperdog reload for over 20 years, but it still feels a bit awkward to me. still have to bend the wrist to get the mag, just a different twist. to each thier own.

It's a personal preference thing in my opinion. Most people will teach you to wear them with the bullets forward/toward the belt buckle because I think reloading that way works better for most shooters. However, I know some people who "beer can" their pistol reloads (bullets to the rear, no "twist" when you bring the mag to the gun necessary) and do quite well. Sniperdog on here is one who wears his mags with bullets to the rear and he's one of the fastest on reloads in this state.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway

rob pincus tells us that reloading ala sniperdog is more efficient, therefore worthy of our consideration. i see his point and have watched sniperdog reload for over 20 years, but it still feels a bit awkward to me. still have to bend the wrist to get the mag, just a different twist. to each thier own.
    Thanks for the insight. At least I know I'm not 'wrong' now. :thumbsup:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom