Please reply by conversation.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I have a 9mm Semi-Automatic Kimel AR-9 pistol I purchased new in 97'-98' with three high capacity mags, one 20 and two 32 round. Box says model is AP-9 but gun says MOD AR-9.

Shot less than a box of ammo through gun. In like new condition. These guns are very hard to find and I am asking $300 which includes shipping box and two boxes of ammo. I have seen these on internet sites for over $400.

I am FFL dealer so must collect IN sales tax, do a NICS background and fill out form 4473.

picture.php

Anyone who is on my friends list can access my photo album which has five new photos of the Kimel AR-9 hangun I have for sale. Interested parties who are not on my friend list my request being added.

Dick

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We're still having issues with the file upload database from the server move that we haven't resolved yet. It's possible that's part of the problem. Try hosting the picture offsite like at tinypic.com or Photobucket.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Interesting that your pistol is marked AR-9 as Kimel did make an AR-9 which was a carbine version of the pistol with a 16 inch barrel and full stock. Very rare firearm.

The carbine is rare, the carbine is rare.....:D

I have one of those pistols just like yours. I must say it is remarkably accurate for such basic iron sights. Gets a lot of attention at the range as it is so "evil" and easily mistaken for the really "evil" TEC-9.

Good luck with your sale.

By the way, I see the photo now!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I fired it about six months after I bought it at the South Bend Gun show, cleaned it and it has been in my safe since that time. I did not have any issues with it. I used FMJ ammo and did not have a jam. Obviously if someone is serious about it they are welcome to test fire it as long as they clean if afterwards. :D

Interesting that your pistol is marked AR-9 as Kimel did make an AR-9 which was a carbine version of the pistol with a 16 inch barrel and full stock. Very rare firearm.

Gun has MOD AR-9 molded on it and the cardboard box has a sticker on the side that says AP-9. I know AA Arms started selling these and I believe Kimel bought them out and then someone else after that. Somebody say RARE??? There goes the price... :laugh:

Dick

We're still having issues with the file upload database from the server move that we haven't resolved yet. It's possible that's part of the problem. Try hosting the picture offsite like at tinypic.com or Photobucket.

You probably hit it on the head, I put the URL of the photo from my album I have on here. If someone is on my friend list they must be able to see it and others cannot. I tried to upload the picture as I have done many times with other ads and it keeps getting kicked back. Tried several other photos and even moved them to other files on my computer and still cannot upload them. Is it my end or site issue?

The carbine is rare, the carbine is rare.....:D

I have one of those pistols just like yours. I must say it is remarkably accurate for such basic iron sights. Gets a lot of attention at the range as it is so "evil" and easily mistaken for the really "evil" TEC-9.

Good luck with your sale.

By the way, I see the photo now!

From what I have read the AA Arms/Kimel AR-9 or AP-9 (whatever it is) is rated as being made better than the TEC-9 in several publications. I have never held a TEC-9 so couldn't tell you. The end of the barrel is not threaded as a way around the old ban on the TEC-9. I know it shot well and like you said it sure is an attention grabber when you take it out of your bag. I also think if someone broke into your house and you came out with this gun in your hands they would be cleaning out their pants. It does look nasty.

I have been searching the internet to see why my gun has AR-9 model number molded on it yet the box says AP-9 and cannot solve that mystery. The Kimmel AR-9 was a carbine and the AP-9 was the pistol. Maybe I do have a classic on my hands. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    To the people whose posts in this thread were deleted: They were deleted to keep the thread on-topic. Thanks.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Is it an AP-9 or a AR-9?

I have not had much luck researching this gun. I have a year 2000 Gun Traders Guide that has this AA Arms AP-9 listed as a semi-automatic recoil-operated pistol w/polymer integral grip/frame design. Fires from a closed bolt. Cal: 9mm. 3", 5" or 11" barrel.

My gun was priced at $325 with the ventilated bbl shroud. I cannot find any mention of the MOD AR-9 designation except in a couple articles on the net saying that is the designation for the carbine model. I might have something special here. Still for sale and now with Obama coming on board these types of guns might be banned again. Good deal for the guy who enjoys these play toys.

picture.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom