Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I was checking the weather for FNS when I saw this

Tuesday

Oct 13
    16.gif
    Snow Hi: 33° Lo: 25°
    Snow. High 33F and low 25F. Winds NW at 13 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA
    80%Wednesday

Oct 14
    16.gif
    Snow Hi: 35° Lo: 32°
    Snow. High 35F and low 32F. Winds SW at 4 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA
    40%

crap

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think you got the wrong forecast if you are near Indianapolis...

Forecast for Indy from Weather Channel:

Tonight
    Oct 05
    31.gif
    Clear 49° 0 % Tue
    Oct 06
    11.gif
    T-Showers 65°/47° 60 % Wed
    Oct 07
    30.gif
    Partly Cloudy 60°/44° 10 % Thu
    Oct 08
    11.gif
    T-Showers 56°/54° 60 % Fri
    Oct 09
    11.gif
    Showers 59°/43° 40 % Sat
    Oct 10
    30.gif
    Partly Cloudy 53°/38° 20 % Sun
    Oct 11
    30.gif
    Partly Cloudy 55°/40° 10 % Mon
    Oct 12
    30.gif
    Partly Cloudy 49°/37° 10 % Tue
    Oct 13
    34.gif
    Mostly Sunny 54°/40° 0 % Wed
    Oct 14
    28.gif
    Mostly Cloudy 58°/43° 20 % Last Updated Oct 5 01:14 p.m. ET

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don't know what service you're using, but it's not what I'm finding. Weather.com is showing highs in the 50s and lows in the 40s those days...:dunno:

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Since it has been brought up. . . . . . .

. . . . . . .Winter is gonna be very, very BAAAAAAAAD !! No wooly-worms yet, but the older farmers, squirrels and the corn are saying LOTS of snow (up to 30-inches), ice-storms (got your generator yet?), and two blizzard declarations. Most schools will have over 7-days of closing. Cant declare how many snowfalls yet, not until the first "track a 'possum" snow falls, but, according to The Old Indian, there will be over 20. Be prepared to stay in your house, without power, for at least 10 days. That should be easy for most of us. Want to make some real easy money? Buy fire-wood NOW, all you can get, and triple your investment in January or before. Be prepared to defend it. Want some REAL profit? Deliver it!! Pat. (If I'm wrong, I'll eat the crow you cook.)

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    saw one wolly worm all ready..it was all black..and I ran over it with the car. So I think that jinxes me even more, right? Man, i really need to get me a plow truck again!

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I remember a very heavy snow here in INDY on October 31st not too many years ago. Well sometime after 1983 when I moved here.

It can happen again. I love snow. The more the better!!!! I love snow, oh, I already said that. Bring on the snow!!!!!!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Buy fire-wood NOW, all you can get, and triple your investment in January or before. Be prepared to defend it. Want some REAL profit? Deliver it!! Pat. (If I'm wrong, I'll eat the crow you cook.)

Firewood is the best way to make money in your spare time, if you have a truck and are willing to work. After you make enough, you can invest in an automatic splitter. I got all my wood stacked and under cover. I have more out back if need be. I don't have a generator, as I just see no point in it. I can move most food outside or in the garage where it should last. I have propane tanks for the gas grill if need be, I can cook burgers, chicken, and pizza on it. I have two batteries fully charged that should run my wood stove blower for at least two to three days each. My hope is we don't have a massive extended power outage. If we do, I just hope that the roads clear up quickly so I can run the batteries over to someone who has power and re-charge them. As long as I have the stove going, my pipes shouldn't freeze.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Less snow is one of the reasons I moved from the Lake Superior snow-belt to Indiana. I like the longer motorcycle riding season (two years ago I rode on Dec. 30th and took the bike out again in Feb). If any of y'all like snow, spend January-April 20-30 miles west of Marquette. If you really like snow, spend a winter in the Keewenaw peninsula ...oh, and make sure you have a snowmobile or a good team of dogs. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Less snow is one of the reasons I moved from the Lake Superior snow-belt to Indiana. I like the longer motorcycle riding season (two years ago I rode on Dec. 30th and took the bike out again in Feb). If any of y'all like snow, spend January-April 20-30 miles west of Marquette. If you really like snow, spend a winter in the Keewenaw peninsula ...oh, and make sure you have a snowmobile or a good team of dogs. :D

Ah...Marquette...I went to school there. Nothing like 20 feet of snow per year and seeing the cars flipped upside down on top of the snowbanks from the monster plow trucks that go through.

October: Hot as Hades. November: Like Hell's frozen over. I've never lived anywhere where the temperature gradient was 80 degrees in a 30 day period.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom