• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm interested in buying a .308 semi-auto. I'd love a Springfield M1A, but that may be out of my price range. I'd consider an FAL, or .308 version of an AR-style rifle. I have a nearly mint WWII Army issue Colt 1911A1 that I could offer in trade for the right rifle.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Pics amd info

1.jpg

I doubt it was refinished. It was my uncle's, who was a Combat Engineer in Europe toward the end of WWII. His name is engraved on the left side of the frame. He died of a heart attack in the early 60's and my dad ended up with it. It is the .45 I learned to shoot with, as a matter of fact. When my dad passed away, I ended up with it. It has a very low round count. It's a good shooter. I just don't need another 1911A1.

I have some pictures, but when I try to upload them as attachments, I am told that they each exceed my quota by the entire filesize. I apparently have a quota of zero bytes. Send me your email and I'll send them.

Alright, I ran home and put these pics on my server. If anyone is interested, I'll try to get better pictures later today and put them up.

The holster is included. It's in pretty good shape, but has green corrosion on the brass (?) rivets.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Family history... you really shouldn't be selling it.

In any event, any interest in a Hk G3 clone? Centurion 99, in very good condition, not a single malfunction during the 500 rounds I've put thru it. If your interested let me know and I can get some pics. Mags are very cheap. ~4 for excellent condition factory HK mags.

I'm in NW Indiana and going to the Crown Point gun show Dec 6th.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Family history... you really shouldn't be selling it.

In any event, any interest in a Hk G3 clone? Centurion 99, in very good condition, not a single malfunction during the 500 rounds I've put thru it. If your interested let me know and I can get some pics. Mags are very cheap. ~4 for excellent condition factory HK mags.

I'm in NW Indiana and going to the Crown Point gun show Dec 6th.

What are you asking for it?? I searched a bit, but never found prices for those - new or used.

I hesitated a bit before finally deciding to sell this 1911. I don't really remember my uncle - I was really young when he died, and I have my dad's service pistol (Navy-issue S&W .38 revolver, of all things). I hardly ever shoot this one. I just hate to regularly use stuff like this that's in such good shape.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom