• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Alright all you Mosin poeple out there. I have been reading all your posts talking about the Mosin rifles. I think I have decided to take the plunge into buying one.

Now I know it isnt giong to be a huge investment becuase they are relatively inexpensive, however I want to be sure I am getting a good one.

I think I want an M44 (short one with bayo...i think). First does anyone have on they want to get rid of in the next few weeks? Second does anyone know where I could do some shopping around Indianapolis and could go with me to help me out?

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Alright all you Mosin poeple out there. I have been reading all your posts talking about the Mosin rifles. I think I have decided to take the plunge into buying one.

Now I know it isnt giong to be a huge investment becuase they are relatively inexpensive, however I want to be sure I am getting a good one.

I think I want an M44 (short one with bayo...i think). First does anyone have on they want to get rid of in the next few weeks? Second does anyone know where I could do some shopping around Indianapolis and could go with me to help me out?

FWIW - There's going to be a gun show at Stout Field Armory the last weekend of the month.

For Info. CLICK HERE ----> The Big List of ALL Indiana Gun Shows - Free Show Listing

:cheers:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I like my M44 and the bayo is fun to shoot with. Good thing, since you HAVE to shoot with it since it's designed that way.

You can find Mosins pretty much anywhere (price varies, of course). Gander Mtn usually has a couple, as does Dunham's. Bradis almost always has a rack full of them. Wyatt's had a few, too, when I was in there the other day.

If you're interested, I'd be glad to let you shoot one of mine any time to get a feel for what you're looking for.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I see you are over by the airport. Do you have a shop? I live in Avon but drive my the airport every day for work. I would like to come look when you get them in.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I like my M44 and the bayo is fun to shoot with. Good thing, since you HAVE to shoot with it since it's designed that way.

You can find Mosins pretty much anywhere (price varies, of course). Gander Mtn usually has a couple, as does Dunham's. Bradis almost always has a rack full of them. Wyatt's had a few, too, when I was in there the other day.

If you're interested, I'd be glad to let you shoot one of mine any time to get a feel for what you're looking for.

Scutter,

Where do you normally do your shooting at?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

I've also looked for an M44 but the ones that I found were not in original form, minus bayonet or aftermarket stock - good luck

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    HCFG in Noblesville, but I'll shoot anywhere they'll let me. :):

HAHA!! Me too!!! I normally go to MCFG but they wont let you shoot rifles unless it is a handgun cartridge. I may have to take you up on that offer, I will be out of town this weekend but maybe in the next few weeks.

Shoot, I may end up buing one and need a place to shoot and someone to show me the ins and outs anyways.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I see you are over by the airport. Do you have a shop? I live in Avon but drive my the airport every day for work. I would like to come look when you get them in.

Yep, just north of washington on raceway.
    I should have 3 - 91/30's and 3 - 1895 Nagant pistols here by the end of the week.
    I'm keeping at least 1 of each.
    The rifles are all Tula arsenal and late 30's mfg.
    I paid extra for hand pick so they should be very nice.

I shoot at Danville Conservation Club.
    Dues are $100 a year but you can shoot Rifles and I love my rifles.

Link: Danville Conservation Club

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    How the crap do I not know about your shop?!?! I live over by the highschool in Avon. Please PM me when you get them, I will stop by to check them out.

This Nagant pistol you speak of...could be interesting.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    How the crap do I not know about your shop?!?! I live over by the highschool in Avon. Please PM me when you get them, I will stop by to check them out.

This Nagant pistol you speak of...could be interesting.

I have examples of the 3 most common types of Mosin's.
    M38
    M44
    M91/30

Not necessarily for sale, but you can see what they look and feel like and I will be glad to show you what to look for when you buy.
    No Obligation to buy from me.
    The Nagant Pistols are a very cool piece of history and very accurate, inexpensive too.
    I shoot .32 S&W long in mine with great success.
    AIM Surplus has it for $11 a box.

No shop, No Inventory, Just the Bunker (my garage) and of course the Guard Cats. :)

BunkerSentry.jpg

CopyofGimli-Truck-01.jpg

My sporterized M38
    M38Scout-02-1.jpg

M38 w/Laminated stock
    M382.jpg

M44
    M44-02.jpg

M91/30 w/ Bayo
    91-30-03.jpg

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Karl, If you don't mind I would love to stop by once you get the shipment in, esp if one is going to be for sale. Form what I have read you are pretty dependable and that is what I need buying this rifle, i dont know jack about em other than reading. I trust that you wouldnt sell somone a junk rifle if they thought they were getting a decent one.

Hiram, I will be out of town this weekend or I would be making a trip to Tipton.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Karl, If you don't mind I would love to stop by once you get the shipment in, esp if one is going to be for sale. Form what I have read you are pretty dependable and that is what I need buying this rifle, i dont know jack about em other than reading. I trust that you wouldnt sell somone a junk rifle if they thought they were getting a decent one.

Hiram, I will be out of town this weekend or I would be making a trip to Tipton.

Got 3 very Beautiful 91/30's, the hand pick fee is well worth it.
    I'm going to have a hard time picking which one(s) to let go.
    Also got 3 very nice Nagant Revolvers 2 were Tula's and got a 41 & 44.

Plan to come by on Sat and I'll give you the Basic what to look for in a mosin course.
    I'll PM you my Contact Info.

Top Bottom