WTB: Land in SE Indiana. 5-10 acres. For sale on contract. Negotiate terms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm 25, and if you would have asked me where I'd be at age 25 when I was 18 years old I would have told you that I'd have some property and a small cabin or something. Well, I'm a bit off track. Traveling, girls, and just being young and financially dumb have left me without what I've always wanted: land to call my own.

So here I am, trying to get back on track and looking for land in southern Indiana, preferably in/around the Madison area in Jefferson or Switzerland County. I grew up on the Ohio River, I don't want to be too far from it.

What type of land? Honestly, I'd love for it to be mostly or all wooded. Maybe 30% clear 70% wooded would be okay. If I need to clear anything out to put up a small cabin or something, so be it. I'm young and could use the hard work. (I've been working IT for years and I've grown soft! I need to get back out doing physical labor!) Ideally with power nearby. Road frontage or access would be a major plus!

I'm hoping to acquire no less than 5 acres, all the way up to however much you wanna sell me within my budget. I don't want to list my budget, but whatever the sale price is I'd be more than happy to put down 10-25% and pay off the rest monthly on contract. Can agree to not build or make permanent changes to the property until it's paid for, if you want. (though I may go out there and shoot guns if the property happens to be closer to me than the shooting range out in North Vernon)

Let me know if you've got anything, and if you do, please PM me with either coordinates or the nearest address with a description like, "Okay, so you see that pond? The land would be from the edge of that treeline, back to that ravine, and bordering that creekline." That way I can look it up on Google Maps and get an idea of what the area looks like without traveling to it first.

REALLY hoping there are some folks out there who own a large farm, for example, who have a lot of land but could use some money more than they could that corner 7 acres of their property that they're unable to do anything with and never get out to.

Last edited:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    We have a spot at a campground just west of Vevay. I saw a sign last weekend down there. It's on Detour Rd, which goes from 129 to 56. I think we're headed back down this weekend. If we do, I'll try and get a phone number off the sign for you.

Top Bottom