• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm always looking for Seattle built Detonics Combat Masters, any model considered, any caliber considered. 451 Detonics and 38 Super will peak my interest. Especially interested in MK VII and MC2 models. Prefer stock configurations but will consider modified guns. Also interested in Detonics pistol rugs, manuals, brochures, stickers, or other merchandise.

Georgia guns considered if perfect/near perfect, lower prices paid for Georgia built guns.

Typical examples of what I am looking for shown below.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I saw one in the case at Plainfield Shooting Supplies on Friday afternoon. I don't recall the price, but it was a used gun.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Yup, they frequent the used gun area of stores. The "Seattle" built Detonics pistols were made in the late 1970s through mid-1980's. The offices then moved to to the same building as the production facility at some point and the guns were no longer marked Seattle. Eventually production moved to Arizona and then later to Georgia. The plant is now in Illinois. I am interested in the Seattle guns.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Still looking for original Detonics Combat Masters. Highest prices paid for complete sets. Ultra premium prices paid for cased sets. Seattle guns strongly preferred. Premiums paid for non-cataloged guns. Premiums paid for non-45acp Combat Masters (9mm, 38 Super, 451 Detonics Magnum)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Still looking for original Detonics Combat Masters. Highest prices paid for complete sets. Ultra premium prices paid for cased sets. Seattle guns strongly preferred. Premiums paid for non-cataloged guns. Premiums paid for non-45acp Combat Masters (9mm, 38 Super, 451 Detonics Magnum)

For what a decent gun costs, they should all come in a nice hardshell case like that one.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Genuine aluminum Zero-Halliburton brand cases, like the one in the factory set shown above, cost more than many popular guns on the market today! That dual barrel 451 Combat Master set shown above is easily in the mid-4 figure price range.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Genuine aluminum Zero-Halliburton brand cases, like the one in the factory set shown above, cost more than many popular guns on the market today!

Ok, I'll grant you that. Still, they could provide a decent low-cost case. Doesn't have to be quite that fancy. Something a little nicer than the plastic clamshell or cardboard box.

OTOH, I'd forgo the case and take an extra mag instead.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Ok, I'll grant you that. Still, they could provide a decent low-cost case. Doesn't have to be quite that fancy. Something a little nicer than the plastic clamshell or cardboard box.
    Take a look at the Para Ordnance line of guns, they come with a decent plastic case that has room for extra magazines, is very sturdy and protects the gun from damage, and is lockable if that matters. All my Safari Arms pistols came in padded velvet lined cherry wood presentation cases. Glocks, at least those in my safe, come with a piece of crap plastic box. Heck Charles Daly packs their guns in a better plastic box than Glock. AMT had a nice fitted plastic hinged box, tight fitting and rugged.

Personally I don't like any of them for storage or transport. I take my guns to the range in simple padded gun rugs. The boxes, good or bad, cardboard, fancy wood, or plastic all end up stacked somewhere safe. The Zero-Halliburton fitted 'set' cases go in a safe, with the guns, reloading dies, manuals, etc all in their places. Those cases, as part of a gun, can increase the value of the set by $2000.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom