• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I have one that has been carried for several years that I would let go. It has a set of laser grips on it right now and I have 4 15 round mags.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Pics of the Beretta

Wilson020.jpg

Wilson021.jpg

Wilson022.jpg

Wilson023.jpg

Wilson024.jpg

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm the third owner of this Beretta, picked up in a trade. Not sure of total round count on this one. I have put six mags through it without any problems.

I would love to move it along and pick up a commander size 1911.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Bluedragon,

I was at Premier Arms in Brownsburg, IN today. I believe they had a Beretta 92F in the case. There were two full size Beretta 9mm pistols. One was a 92FS and the other was either a 92F or a 92S, I can't remeber which.

I don't know enought about Berettas to know if they even made both a 92F and a 92S but I am sure the pistol was not a 92FS.

It might be worth giving Premier a call.

Good luck.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    As with you man, i really appreciate the Beretta. i feel like a kid on christmas :cool: Hope to keep in touch, you seem to be a down to earth kind of guy, and quite knowledgeable in the way of the gun.:cheers:

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    92F (92SB-F)

Beretta modified the model 92SB slightly to create the 92SB-F (the "F" added to denote entry of the model in U.S. Government federal testing) and, later, the 92G for French Government testing, by making the following changes:
    • Design of all the parts to make them 100% interchangeable to simplify maintenance for large government organizations.
    • Modified the front of the trigger guard so that one could use finger support for easier aiming.
    • Recurved the forward base of the grip to aid aiming.
    • Hard chromed the barrel bore to protect it from corrosion and to reduce wear.
    • New surface coating on the slide called Bruniton, which allegedly provides better corrosion resistance than the previous plain blued finish.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    What is the difference between the F and 92FS

The main differences would be that the 92FS has a hex head pin mounted into the frame on the left side of the gun, for safety reasons in the event the slide were to separate from the frame during shooting, also the sights were changed to 3 dot. However on newer commercial 92FS's they also have polymer parts, such as the trigger, decocker, mag release, lanyard loop, recoil guide rod, and the base plates to the mags. Another thing i don't like about the newer guns are the warning labels laser engraved on the frame, and an arch that is made into the back strap for easier reach, though ugly in my opinion. Also the dust covers on newer 92FS's are slanted.

The main reasons i wanted an original 92F was for sentimental reasons, and also because it insures 100 percent, none of the above mentioned will be in the gun. However it is worth noting the Italian made 92FS Inox's, aside from having the enlarged pin in the frame, they lack all of the other add ons such as the curve to the backstrap, warning labels, and polylmer parts. They do however retain the 3 dot sight system but with red coating on them opposed to the standard white.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom