• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I just realized that the address on my lifetime carry permit is my old address and it has been wrong for 3 years. does anyone know how i go about changing it? i dont have to get a whole new do i?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Sorry... but your license is not valid. Stop carrying and notify ISP in writing of you new address.

EDIT: removed incorrect info

Last edited:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Make a phone call first thing tomorrow morning,
    ISP: Contact Us

I wouldn't carry until it's sorted having been 3 years you may be carrying a piece of paper that is thought of as worthless. That said they generally don't print new ones when you move just update their database.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sorry... but your license is not valid. Stop carrying and notify ISP in writing of you new address. They will either issue a new license ($20) or ask you to re-apply.

You can have the wrong address on your license as long as ISP has the correct one in their database...At least that's what everyone here says.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    You can have the wrong address on your license as long as ISP has the correct one in their database...At least that's what everyone here says.

True, I stand corrected...

BUT, the license is still invalid until it is corrected.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    They may or may not let you slide by without getting a new license. Depends on the mood of who takes your call if they say "We'll just say you moved 2 weeks ago" vs. "Nope, you have to pay $185 all over again"
    Not been in that position though, so I'm not sure what they will do. I would hope the former, but ya never know.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    They may or may not let you slide by without getting a new license. Depends on the mood of who takes your call if they say "We'll just say you moved 2 weeks ago" vs. "Nope, you have to pay $185 all over again"
    Not been in that position though, so I'm not sure what they will do. I would hope the former, but ya never know.

All he has to do is notify them that he changed addresses...Why would he have to pay for a new one?

A lifetime LTCH is a lifetime LTCH, regardless of how long it's been invalid.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I just realized that the address on my lifetime carry permit is my old address and it has been wrong for 3 years. does anyone know how i go about changing it? i dont have to get a whole new do i?

http://www.in.gov/isp/2832.htm

Click "Name or Address change form" fill it out and fax it in; no charge.

Call in a few days to validate they received it and corrected your address.

If it makes you feel better, after they've changed it, give them $20 and have them send you a new license. You can use this same form to get a new license. But get the address corrected FIRST.

Been there, done that.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Just e-mail them and give the new address, I did, and was told that I was officially changed, and that qualified as giving them updated info, but IANAL

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    All he has to do is notify them that he changed addresses...Why would he have to pay for a new one?

A lifetime LTCH is a lifetime LTCH, regardless of how long it's been invalid.

Good point. I was thinking it was a revokable offense, but I can't find anything left or right on the matter after a few minutes of searching.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Good point. I was thinking it was a revokable offense, but I can't find anything left or right on the matter after a few minutes of searching.

As far as I know (which isn't much :):), it shouldn't matter when he finally sends in his new address change...As far as they know, his LTCH has been sitting at home, he hasn't been carrying and he's been procrastinating to send in the paperwork to make him legal again.

PUalum04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Hope
    I spoke with a representative with ISP Firearms Licensing Division about a month ago on this very subject becasue my license has my old address on it and I wanted to make sure that everything was legit. I submitted the change of address form when I moved, but did not have them re-issue a license.

The lady I spoke with informed me that as long as the database matches your current address then you are fine. But, (she just had to throw this little piece in at the end) if you are going to be at your current residence for a long period of time (who knows what they consider to be a long period of time), you should pay the $20 and have them re-issue a new license with current address.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    From what PUalum04 said...

Paying the 20 bucks to get a new copy with your updated address is worth it. Just think if you were out of state and had to show your LTCH for some reason. Having an out dated address might confuse the police officer and cause more headache than it is worth.

just send in the update and then request a new copy, dont sign it right away then make other copies and sign them, laminate and stash the extras in the safe so if you lose one you have a back up and don't have to pay 20 bucks for a replacement.

I spoke with a representative with ISP Firearms Licensing Division about a month ago on this very subject becasue my license has my old address on it and I wanted to make sure that everything was legit. I submitted the change of address form when I moved, but did not have them re-issue a license.

The lady I spoke with informed me that as long as the database matches your current address then you are fine. But, (she just had to throw this little piece in at the end) if you are going to be at your current residence for a long period of time (who knows what they consider to be a long period of time), you should pay the $20 and have them re-issue a new license with current address.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Ok thanks to the link by canav844 I called ISP and they said I just have to mail them a notification of address change and my license is still valid even with the wrong address as long as they have the correct one on file. Thanks guys

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    From what PUalum04 said...

Paying the 20 bucks to get a new copy with your updated address is worth it. Just think if you were out of state and had to show your LTCH for some reason. Having an out dated address might confuse the police officer and cause more headache than it is worth.

just send in the update and then request a new copy, dont sign it right away then make other copies and sign them, laminate and stash the extras in the safe so if you lose one you have a back up and don't have to pay 20 bucks for a replacement.
    And as a plus it will say "Duplicate" right across the top...

Top Bottom