• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm sending my letter via snail mail to their Washington mailing addresses. I think a letter on paper is more meaningful than an email, which anyone can easily send.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Guys... Use their fax numbers! Due to security restrictions on capital snail mail it can take 2-3 weeks for it to be irradiated and delivered -- we don't have that kind of time!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Just sent to my reps:

Honorable Sir,

Thank you for the opportunity to contact you about the important crossroads I believe a fundamental Constitutional right is now at.

I don't need to rehash the events that have brought this to the forefront of a national debate as politicizing the recent events this nation mourns over currently is an injustice to those families now broken.

I do wish to ask for your support for the Second Amendment in relation to the current attempts of representatives in the House and Senate to further erode the intent and spirit of this foundational piece of the Bill of Rights.

Any vote to institute restrictions on magazine capacity, further firearms registration requirements, and restrictions on the ownership of semi-automatic weapons is an outright violation against the right the Second Amendment guarantees and further contributes to the systematic and deliberate erosion by those who would strip the power from law abiding citizens where this power truly belongs and was intended to reside.

This country is indeed at a crossroads, I need not tell you. Financially, spiritually, and morally this nation has morphed from what was once a great light and example of representative leadership to a nation struggling to find identity and meaning in a world quickly leaving it behind. Further erosion of the founding principles of this great experiment cannot be tolerated should we fall even further.

I implore you as my representative to vote against any further legislation that negatively affects my individual right, guaranteed by the Constitution, and paid for by the sacrifices of a nation and its people, to openly and unapologetically own and keep for the defense of my person, family, home, and nation the firearms that allow for those purposes. Furthermore, I plead that individual liberties are allowed to live and thrive again in this Republic and that your leadership and influence in the representative government you were elected to participate in would be used for that purpose.

Sincerely,
    I vote, I Served, I pay taxes...

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Gentlemen, this is excellent. I've been shouting this all over INGO for the last couple of weeks... I'd like to make a suggestion that we merge all of these threads so that we all don't spend so much time responding to each thread... we can use the time to send out more mail/email/fax/posts/tweets to our reps.

Also, convince others to voice their opinions to their reps as well, the more the better.

Join the NRA, GOA, NAGR, SAF, etc... make donations to the NRA-ILA. I know a lot of people will say they don't have the extra money right now after Christmas, the economy is bad, etc... but look at it this way; for a modest current gun owner like myself, if I have to register my rifle, handgun, and all mags with the NFA, I'm looking at over $5,000.00 in fees if they require the $200/ item fee that the NFA currently employs. Let me think about this $500 now or $5000 later... I don't know about you all, but I'd rather do $500 now!

Let me be clear, No one at this time knows if there will be a tax per handgun/rifle/magazine. I wouldn't put it past the current administration to try and make us pay for their over spending.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I contacted three people...so far

Why are we already talking about losing our hicap mags or AWB when it is not even in affect yet! Write your representitives in washington explaining that while we are sickened by this act of EVIL, and that it has nothing to do with highcap mags and "assult weapons".

Dammit, people kill people not guns! How fast can a self trained person reload a mag ~1.5 seconds. A cargo pocket can carry a lot of ten rounders. The magazines or the guns are not the problem lets look at the people and the situations that the gov. puts them in. Gun free zones, or shooting gallaries you decide.

Stand up and fight people! We have not enacted any ban as of yet but if we lay back and let them ramrod this through it will happen while we are still talking about compromises!

Here is the link to find your congressional representative.
    Find Your Representative · House.gov

Senators:
    www.coats.senate.gov/contact/
    www.lugar.senate.gov/contact/

Please post when you have emailed/contacted your reps. I will do the same. Please remember that the media has stigmatized us already so be polite and show that we are concerned citizens of our great country and be respectful. We will accomplish more that way.

GOD BLESS :patriot:

I forwarded my essay on INGO, titled "Be Careful Disarming America" to the following people:

Senator Dianne Feinstein
    Senator Dan Coats
    Representative Todd Rokita

In addition, I sent my essay to 20+ people on my email list. I hope this help a bit. :twocents:

Redtbird
    Gerri

jabbett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I don't think I'll bother. My congressgoof is Andre Carson.

Andre is my representative too. Coats and Lugar are your Senators. You should contact them all.

Carson has a poll on his Facebook page and website. That makes me think he is on the fence on the issue. We need to load up his Facebook, twitter, email and phone lines.
    Carson's poll page:
    http://carson.congressnewsletter.net/mail/util.cfm?gpiv=2100097612.53706.8&gen=1

Link to Senators and Reps. contact info.
    Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

Last edited:
    Top Bottom