• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    I have a new izula and I love it (my wife has gotten a little touchy about my sleeping with it). I think it will be the first of many. now to my question, I wrapped the handle and it looked great. but after thinking about it, I got worried that the wrap might collect moisture and cause rust. so I unwrapped it. does anyone have any experience concerning rust under the wrap. I plan to wear it as a neck knife, if that makes any difference. thank you all in advance.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Doesn't really matter, does it? It's a tool. If you get rust eventually, you can gritblast it and coat it with Durakote or Cerakote. But, generally, I wouldn't be all that concerned. It won't affect function.

Kryptonite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Manatee is right. A little rust on 1095 is not a big deal. Just don't let it go too long. I don't wrap my ESEE's for that reason. Stock micarta scales or aftermarket tkc g10 scales live on mine. The powder coat is good, but I still remove the scales to clean and treat with Tuf Glide every once in awhile. The thought of having to wrap, unwrap, treat and rewrap makes me dizzy. Plus, blood and other gooey messes soak up into paracord quite well. Good luck cleaning that :)

Top Bottom