• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I was organizing my ammo cabinet this morning. From way in the back I pulled out an old box of 20 Browning 30-06 cartridges in a black and gold box with a picture of a deer on it. Still has the price tag on the box, $6.20! I forgot I even had those back there. Anyone have an idea as to how old these might be?

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Civil War era? That would be my guess! (insert silly this thread is worthless without pics thingy)

Here ya' go:
    DSC_5273.jpg

DSC_5274.jpg

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I have an old box of 20 GA Remington Express with the New Remington Crimp. #6 High Brass. There are 5 or 6 shells in the box.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Those are pretty cool. Thanks for the pics. I might be right though...I can't make out for sure if that's a deer or a really bad portrait of General Sherman.

I have a couple of stripper clips of 30-06 and a lighter that my great great grandfather carried in WW1 France. I also have an old spent 40mm artillery shell that he scratched my great great grandmas name into in Argonne 1919. I wish I had the Springfield rifle he carried too! Someday I'll pick one up to honor his memory and service.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    What a find wonder if in thirty or forty years from now when somebody finds a box of ammo with the price says back when you could afford centerfire?

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    My guess at the date, by the price, would be some where in mid to late 70's. The 60's and early 70's things were ridiculously cheap, in the mid 70's inflation really took off.

Top Bottom