Would you really want to live in a post Apocolyptic World?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you want to live in an end of the world senario?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just Thought I'd start a deep thinking Poll on this subject. While in a SHTF senario as portrayed in the TV show Jericho, i would want to continue to live, because order would eventually be restored. I' not sure at 51 years old I'm not sure how long I'd want to stick around in a "Book Of Eli" situation. I know that my main concern in that instance would be to try to get all the Stuff I could to my son and my grand children to ensure their survival in the hope that things would begin anew some day. While the the thought of having to Kill an intrudrer trying to harm me or my wife, is not pleasant I would do it! But in an end of the world senario where I might have to kill on a regular basis to survive I'm not so sure. What would you do?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Being perfectly honest, I can't say until confronted with the situation.

However, I am a survivalist and have been one for as long as I can remember (at least age 11). Being a survivalist means that I can survive whatever is thrown at me and figure out how I can best manage given the situation. I believe that attitude is the number one key to survival. There are a lot of things that can destroy that attitude, but as long as it is intact, I believe I will try to survive.

I think the biggest motivator for me is insatiable curiousity. I want to see how it all turns out.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have am not self-deluded enough to think that I will live forever. But, I also will not just lay down and die just because the bottom fell out of our society.

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you are truly talking about the END OF THE WORLD I don't think you will have much choice. As a Bible believing Christian I will say when the Good Lord pulls the final curtain you won't have to figure out how to survive. That is why it is called THE END OF THE WORLD! Me thinks people put too much stock in Hollywood instead of Holy Word. Now if you don't believe in God well I think you will wish you had. That time will not be a fantasy it will be the Real Deal. Just my :twocents:.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What?! And miss my wet dream zombie killing?

As long as there is 5.56 to shoot and bacon to be had, if you guys need a place to stay come on over. The password is INGO and you must bring at least 1 weapon. Class 3 gets you a bed.:D

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yes. I think it would be a better world to live in to be honest. One where your assets and successes are directly proportionate to your labor. The harder and smarter you work to survive, the better you will live. Instead of the world we live in now where ignorance, stupidity and being a good consumer that does as told are rewarded while hard work and honesty are an almost certain recipe for failure.

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    what a dumb question. thats like asking how would u like to get divorsed, live thru an earthquake,tornado, nuclear holocaust, etc ad nauseum. who likes bad things?????:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Clarification

If you are truly talking about the END OF THE WORLD I don't think you will have much choice. As a Bible believing Christian I will say when the Good Lord pulls the final curtain you won't have to figure out how to survive. That is why it is called THE END OF THE WORLD! Me thinks people put too much stock in Hollywood instead of Holy Word. Now if you don't believe in God well I think you will wish you had. That time will not be a fantasy it will be the Real Deal. Just my :twocents:.
    Just a point of clarification, I was thinking more of something in between, Jericoh, and the true Biblical End of the world. And I'm not talking about just laying down to die. By not wanting to live in a man made end of the world I would be more likely to go down fighting so my son and grand children would survive. In a Jericoh senario I would be more likely to use all survival skills including avoidance, and stealth to survive. Because as a Christian myself when the Lord pulls the Plug on the world it will be an entirely different situation.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm like ThrottleJockey in that I think the future could be better than the present in a lot of ways. It really does depend on exactly what form the apocalypse takes. If it's a disease, an EMP attack or food shortage that takes a big percentage of the population, while leaving the environment unchanged, it could be a better world to live in 10 years down the road.

Heck, I'd even volunteer to help repopulate the world because I'm just that much of a giver.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd rather live through it and survive. I'm sure I'd feel different if my family didn't make it though. However, I'd probably live the life that Kevin Costner did before getting caught in "The Postman". Under the radar, drifter, just surviving.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    I am alive and will stay that way as long as possible.
    Sometimes life is easy, other times more challenging, but there will be plenty of time to be dead later.
    Besides I want to stick around and see the return of Jesus.

Top Bottom