Would we really need to take a poll . . . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I think you are right Pat. 4 hits and still alive to tell about it... gotta be a 9...
    :popcorn:
    What? WhadIsay.... :laugh:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    No idea, but inconsequential in my mind. Realistically, every shooting is different in caliber, scope and situation. To bank on a shooting and caliber in said shooting is a quick way to get into trouble. People scarp all day about carrying .22 because that's what "mafia assassins" carry. Others talk about .45 carrying because they heard of one shot stops during ww2 or how it stopped the Moros (only to find out the 1911 wasn't around for that).

It's a bit counterproductive IMHO.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    How many of us were there?

0?

Oh, ok then...

Lets continue forming opinions on a situation that, without actually being there, we know not much about.

.22 v .38 v 9 v .40 v .45 v .50 come on!!!

A person CAN be killed by all of them. No one said that carrying a 9mm meant guaranteed kill shots.

In fact, if one could say that IF this proves a "light recoil easy to shoot 9 isn't any more accurate than a 45 in a real gun fight"...

Then one could ALSO say that if the lady cop had been carrying a .45, she would have emptied the first mag at him, stopped to reload, fired three more shots before finally hitting him, because we all know that 9mm are light recoil easy to shoot and more accurate than a .45 in a real gun fight.

I'm just saying that there's no reason to bring this old argument up again, when a high velocity projectile, regardless of size, has the capability of killing a person.

If anything, I'm glad the shooter is still alive. I would hate to think that he would get off that easy. I would rather see him spend the rest of his life, rotting in prison (YES, on the taxpayers dollar, because we pay for everything else anyway).

AJB

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If anything, I'm glad the shooter is still alive. I would hate to think that he would get off that easy. I would rather see him spend the rest of his life, rotting in prison (YES, on the taxpayers dollar, because we pay for everything else anyway).

AJB

The military has him. It's a sure bet he will see the end of a short rope or
    a nice shady spot along a wall somewhere with several fellow sharpshooters in attendance in a perfect world.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    AGNTSA

Well, it didn't really matter what caliber it was, as she used enough shots to stop the threat.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    This brave lady was shot stopping that whacko. None of us knows how we would perform after being hit. I don't know what weapon she used. The reports I saw showed that the perp used an FN pistol,looked like the 22 centerfire(?) that penetrates body armor.(so I've read) She hit him 4 times while she was shot several times. SHE GOT THE JOB DONE! Sounds like a Medal of Valor to me.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    The military has him. It's a sure bet he will see the end of a short rope or
    a nice shady spot along a wall somewhere with several fellow sharpshooters in attendance in a perfect world.

THAT is a good point. It will be interesting to see what happens in that respect.

AJB

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    3 of the 4 could have been grazing with the 4th hitting mass.

Sounds like a light recoil easy to shoot 9 isn't any more accurate than a 45 in a real gun fight to me.

Don't even go there Jack, she put 4 rounds on her target, we don't know if she was hit first or any other details, what matters is she put 4 on him.

Look on how many people who have survived with having been shot multiple times. If nothing major is hit regardless of what size round it is, then the survival rate greatly increases

My comment was that there might have been a possibility of some grazing shots, because we don't have all the details.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    From the very serious responses, I feel it is necessary to point out that my previous post was completely in jest. I find much of the caliber debate to be humorous. I also was finding some of the responses humorous because they were so serious. But I do not want to be partially responsible for making someone go postal... errr, or is that jihad....

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    CSK22, yeah, you missed a LOT!

" I must have missed something." "heroine? like heroin? not sure how many "shots" that takes". You really need to get out your Funk & Wagnall's more often. The best part of the tragedy -- can there be that? -- is that the Rag-head perp shouted to The Big "A" Guy before he started shooting, which does constitute terrorism, from Fox-news reports this morning. Also, so glad he survived.....For now. How would you 'execute' him 13 times? (Think 'VietNamInterro.' Can be done.) Pat.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Hi-jacked into a Kissing Contest

Usually won by those who can hold the most kiss. QUESTION: If the perp is a 'terrorist'by official definition, does the lady get the MoV. As what does the perp have to be defined for her to qualify for the MoH ?? I'll vote FOR that. Pat

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Dallas News reports that it was a 9mm. Who cares? What's the point of taking a poll? Did I miss something or are people just trying to start a flame war?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom