• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So I was turning this over in my head last night. I recently picked up a new Springfield Armory 1911 to replace my Rock Island 1911, nothing is wrong with it but I needed either the SA, Kimber, or Para logo on the slide for work. I know that sounds odd but it's company policy and I'm sure there is a reason.
    So would it be crazy to carry two full size 1911s? How much is too much? It is possible for me to conceal both and carry them comfortably. I just don't want to come off as a cowboy with his brace of 45s.

Ok INGO don't fail me now.
    Opinions GO!

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    In all honesty, you may be better of with a mag holder as opposed to another pistol. This is coming from someone who carries Glock, so I don't worry too much about capacity :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have to 2nd the carry of a mag pouch. Depending on your size and how you carried them you could carry two but why? I know some ppl argue you need a BUG but for the average Joe I think you'd be fine with one gun and spare mags. But that's just IMO.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    In all honesty, you may be better of with a mag holder as opposed to another pistol.
    I already carry a double mag carrier. And my backup Bersa 380. I was just thinking about replacing my backup with my other 1911.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Like a double cowboy rig? Would be cool but not practical .I toyed with getting a castor troy /hitman holster for double carry but probably not very comfortable.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Well if you already carry two guns, and if the RIA is not much bigger than the bersa....then why not.Then your extra mags would work for either one.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    IMHO, if you were carrying 2 and (God forbid) you needed to utilize the weapon for self defense then the cops may take the second one as well for evidence or what not. ( I don't know I'm just spitballing, can they do that?)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So I was turning this over in my head last night. I recently picked up a new Springfield Armory 1911 to replace my Rock Island 1911, nothing is wrong with it but I needed either the SA, Kimber, or Para logo on the slide for work. I know that sounds odd but it's company policy and I'm sure there is a reason.
    So would it be crazy to carry two full size 1911s? How much is too much? It is possible for me to conceal both and carry them comfortably. I just don't want to come off as a cowboy with his brace of 45s.

Hah! Not only is it not crazy, it makes excellent sense to carry a pair of 1911s. Or three.

There is no such thing as "too much."

Finally, the way to not "come off as a cowboy with his brace of 45s" is to not act like a "cowboy with his brace of 45s."

And don't forget, just because you carry more than one gun, you still need to carry spare magazines. If both or all three or four of your carry guns use the same mags, you've streamlined your carry system and your plans.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    For some reason the movie Face Off comes to mind. The double holster rig sporting two golden 1911's that Castor Troy concealed in the small of his back was pretty awesome looking although I believe his spare mags/ammo was managed with movie magic lol...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    First thing I thought of when I read the thread title was Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing. He had a sweet double shoulder holster for his pair of 1911s. There's a company called Idaho Leather that used to make a replica of that rig. I don't know if they're still around, but they looked like they did good work. I almost bought that rig for my pair of HiPowers, but ended up not. Oh well.

But to answer the question posed... I see no problem with it. It's legal. And you never know when you might need to hand a buddy a pistol to help you out...

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    In all honesty, you may be better of with a mag holder as opposed to another pistol. This is coming from someone who carries Glock, so I don't worry too much about capacity :D

Yeah, you just have to worry about the immintent KABOOM! ;)

I have to 2nd the carry of a mag pouch. Depending on your size and how you carried them you could carry two but why? I know some ppl argue you need a BUG but for the average Joe I think you'd be fine with one gun and spare mags. But that's just IMO.

:dunno:Hmmm.....your post somehow contradicts your avatar....just sayin'.....:)

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    carrying 2 1911 is insane! on the other hand a Kahr, a Kel-tec and a taurus sounds just about right. Oops I forgot the purple!

Go for it, I see nothing wrong with the carry of 2 1911

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Carrying 2 full size 1911's is crazy...CRAZY AWESOME!!!
    :draw::shoot::ar15:
    You should just try to conceal on of these:smileak:. Or One of these :biggun:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jaydond
    Top Bottom