• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    My father lives in communist Chicago, recently they have changed their gun laws and now allowing it citizens to own firearms. They still need a Fire arms owner ID card and also insurance to have it in their home. About 2 weeks ago I had to go back to Chicago to visit my parents when I found out their home was broken into WHILE THEY WERE HOME. Luckily my mother had suprised the one young guy and he jumped out the window in which he came in. They did have ADT installed but it still worries me very much. Both my parents are elderly, each in their 70's. My father is also a Army veteran so he is familiar with firearms. My question is would it be legal for me to give my father one of my handguns, even if I live in Indiana and he in Chicago? Or would this be an illegal across state line transaction, even though I would not be selling it to him but rather giving it to him. On the plus side, the handgun I am thinking about giving him I had purchased in Illinois when I resided outside of Chicago.
    Thanks all for your future replies.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Your father has a FOID card?

You intend to transfer the pistol via an FFL in Illinois?

Your father intends to comply with the Chicago handgun ordinance?

My father is waiting for his foid card to come in. I was hoping not having to go through a FFL because the original point of purchase was in IL. I was only going to do the transaction after he has met the local requirments, foid card and insurance and now I think about it Chicago added ordinance is they also have to go through a firearms course (which I guess is a good thing). And yes my father is going to follow all ordinances the city has.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    That's rediculous. Making him have insurance on his right to bear arms. I would move to another state.
    It is silly for Chicago to require insurance. I am hoping one day Richard Daily will be found to be the corrupt SOB everyone knows he is. But those Chicago suckers, including my mom and dad keep voting him in.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Transferring a firearm between owners who live in different states necessitates that the transfer take place via FFL / 4473.

The only way it doesn't apply is if firearms are specifically enumerated in a Will and are part of an "estate".

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Gonna need more than just an IL FOID.

Here is the actual Chicago Ordinance
    https://portal.chicagopolice.org/portal/page/portal/ClearPath/About%20CPD/Firearm%20Registration/handgun-registration-20B-with-offender-registry.pdf

1) Need to be 21+ age
    2) Have a valid IL FOID
    3) Obtain a Chicago Firearm Permit (See Chicago police)
    - fill out application
    - include 2 photos
    - have a certificate that says you passed a firearm safety course (4 hours classroom, 1 hour range)
    - $100 fee for permit (good for 3 years)

In addition the firearm must get registered and APPROVED by the CPD as well.
    Even if the firearm is a long gun. ALL firearms MUST be registered!

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be in NOV. Go vote for which date!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14439-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_nov_date.html

Halloween Cigar OC Night is 28 OCT 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0_28_-_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_pine_island.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Gonna need more than just an IL FOID.

Here is the actual Chicago Ordinance
    https://portal.chicagopolice.org/por...r-registry.pdf

1) Need to be 21+ age
    2) Have a valid IL FOID
    3) Obtain a Chicago Firearm Permit (See Chicago police)
    - fill out application
    - include 2 photos
    - have a certificate that says you passed a firearm safety course (4 hours classroom, 1 hour range)
    - $100 fee for permit (good for 3 years)

In addition the firearm must get registered and APPROVED by the CPD as well.
    Even if the firearm is a long gun. ALL firearms MUST be registered!

I am surprised they dont make you cut down the largest tree in the forest with a herring too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I am surprised they dont make you cut down the largest tree in the forest with a herring too.

Well the idea is to make sure you won't go thru the process of having a gun LEGAL in your house.

Also forgot to mention that not every handgun currenlty available on the market can be resgietred with CPD. They have a list of SAFE guns that you can regsiter. Actually I think it's a list of guns you can not register.

Enjoy.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It is silly for Chicago to require insurance. I am hoping one day Richard* Daily will be found to be the corrupt SOB everyone knows he is. But those Chicago suckers, including my mom and dad keep voting him in.
    He knows it's coming. Why do you think that Dick* isn't running again?

*See what I did there :D

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I lived in Chicago in the 80's for a short while. I thank God I was transferred out of state!! Heck, I remember they couldn't even promote people back to "home office", because the cost of living was so high, and the raises never caught up with the standard of living people had away from Chicago. Amazing what crooked politicians and liberals will do to a perfectly good city.

Top Bottom