• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Milled receiver, thumbhole stock, couple of 30rd mags, web sling. Appears to be in pretty good shape, not in love with the stock though...but it may be convertible. Dark wood furniture.

Any idea what this thing would be worth?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    if it's the same gun I'm thinking...

do you know if it has a slant cut receiver or square cut?

If I remember correctly, this can make a HUGE difference in value - for those who want to mount traditional AK furniture to it.

-J-

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    What he said.

Norincos are great guns. If you keep it an want to change the stock Ironwood makes some really sick AK furniture for it. Even if it's a slant cut Ironwood has you covered. If you go to combloc customs you can see what they look like finished.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I would estimate $700 to 800 for a milled receiver. Earlier this year I purchased a Norinco Mak 90 stamped receiver in perfect shape (didn't look like it had ever been fired) for $500 from an Individual. I did quite a bit of work to it to make it what I wanted - Walnut furniture from Ironwood (they also make the milled version) added a 8X PSOP scope, changed the trigger to a Tapco G2, added a Bipod and replaced the magazine followers and gas piston to keep it 922r compliant. Really like the rifle now.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    which is better the slant cut or square cut receivers?

Just found this image. This is what it looks like if you put a regular stock on a slant-cut receiver.

aaayugousa.png

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Can't believe nobody has posted this yet. If the MAK-90 is milled receiver type, they were/are all slant cut.

Norinco used the same cut as the Poly Tech Legend underfolder, and instead of a rectangular hole for the stock like all other milled AK type rifles, the hole is round. Unless you want to make your own stock, which is possible since I have done it myself, Ironwood Designs is the only one I know of that makes the special stock required for a milled MAK-90.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sorry for not answering the question earlier. These days milled MAK-90s are bringing $750 and up. The marked for Chinese AK variants has gone crazy as more people get into the hobby. With a fixed number in this country, prices are probably likely to continue the rise. It wasn't too long ago that I was buying and selling the milled MAKs for well under $500.

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    +1 for the the Ironwood Stock Set. Just got mine and am getting ready to order the quad rail, gas piston, tapco trigger group, a2 flash hider and have a few magazine followers and bottoms for compliance. Recommend the bakelite US PALM Grip. WIth blonde (chinese) colored wood it looks pretty nice.

Top Bottom