"Worst" Rifle ever used to shoot a Rifleman's Score?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am looking at my Henry AR-7 Survival Rifle thinking it would be legendary if some ace could shoot rifleman with that thing. I've therefore started this thread to allow 'Seed veterans to share their stories of amazing scores shot with not-so-amazing rifles. Let's hear 'em!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Did you overhear ATM (at the 'seed we shot) telling us about the guy who shot rifleman with a cricket? I thought that was pretty impressive

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    5701053315_2ea3832fa2_z.jpg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/148716-cricket_rifleman_yes.html

214. I witnessed this feat of Riflemanry at Cloverdale Conservation Club.

I also witnessed 200 yard hits on 3moa steel with the "Tactical Cricket" after he threaded and suppressed it. :eek:

Beat THAT! ;)

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    POC shot multiple Rifleman scores into the 220s with a very old bolt action tube fed using a 3/4" 2X scope.

If he spent $50 at a pawnshop for it, he spent too much.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Doesn't Bill of Rights have a rifle that he has to hold the mag in place? I sorta remember something like that. Pretty sure he's shot Rifleman scores with that one.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    not the worst rifle but last time I shot rifleman I used all misfire 22 shells from the range. my friend mudcat taught me this. at the end of the day walk around and pick up all the live shells on the line that didn't go boom in another rifle. save them up till you have enough for a AQT. then use them to shoot it.

It's a real challenge because only about 75 percent of them go boom when you use them lol. so you have already thrown a quarter of all shots to begin with due to malfunctions. I saw Mudcat shoot a 240 or so doing this exact same process with a bolt gun of his.

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think I'm going to try it with a bolt action this year... I'll have to work my way to a Crickett, but that is pretty badass

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    .... 5 minutes later of thinking about a cricket shooting rifleman at apple seed....

I can't believe I have to buy a cricket now :(

INGO is an expensive habit...

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    I have an ar7, very accurate. Problem is mounting the sling in a way that doesn't tug on the barrel. I'll have to get it out for some extended practice when it warms up and give it a shot

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Frankly, the cricket is accurate but its bolt is poorly designed. Ask Techres about the bruise on the heal of his hand from having to slam the bolt closed. I was running the line when he shot it. I have borrowed that rifle and shot it several times. If someone gave it to me I would trade it for a pound of bacon and a box of .22. Now, the rascal on the the other hand...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Doesn't Bill of Rights have a rifle that he has to hold the mag in place? I sorta remember something like that. Pretty sure he's shot Rifleman scores with that one.

I do. I have a Savage Mark II that I have to hold the mag in with the heel of my support hand or it doesn't feed. That also was the rifle I shot my first Rifleman score with... and had I missed it my first time out by one fired round when it failed to feed during my Stage 2. :xmad:

Techres beats my story with his Crickett, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Crickett Usage is impressive. Just being able to load one round at a time and meet the time constraints is impressive. I couldn't do it.

It makes my li'l CZ 452 Scout seem luxurious by comparison!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    The hardest thing is the lack of feed ramp. Absolute hardest.

Now, keep in mind, the entire design of the cricket follows the rule of, "Keep junior from shooting dad in the butt or other extremity."

Thus the Herculean, if not quest like nature, of the cricket manual of arms.

The rascal? Pffft! My goal for 2014 is to shoot 210 with a 22 or .38 running down a 20" plumbing pipe.

Techres

(P.S. In all seriousness, I really, really want a pink rascal that is threaded and on a super short stock. But there is another rifle coming on the market soon that I will have to buy first...)

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    The hardest thing is the lack of feed ramp. Absolute hardest.

Now, keep in mind, the entire design of the cricket follows the rule of, "Keep junior from shooting dad in the butt or other extremity."

Thus the Herculean, if not quest like nature, of the cricket manual of arms.

The rascal? Pffft! My goal for 2014 is to shoot 210 with a 22 or .38 running down a 20" plumbing pipe.

Techres

(P.S. In all seriousness, I really, really want a pink rascal that is threaded and on a super short stock. But there is another rifle coming on the market soon that I will have to buy first...)

Wouldn't happen to be a SBR'ed Marlin 795 Liberty Training rifle would it?

Top Bottom