Worst Made Cars on the Road - Want to Guess?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I put a motor in an F-150 the other day. Some fine engineering there.

f150.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Perhaps the reasoning behind the low scores of the F series trucks is that you have a bunch of wannabes with no legitimate reason to own a pickup driving them. Really now, how many pimped and polished pickups are on the road nowadays because they are "cool"? I saw a 4wd Super Duty Diesel the other day that had what appeared to be 22" wheels with rubber band tires on it:ugh:. I know that guy really needed the extra capacity of the F350 and the diesel and the 4wd. Some might defend their vehicle of choice because they have to get a load of mulch once a year, oh well, to each their own. But the F series scored low on ride, economy, fuel efficiency, seating comfort. DUH, it's a truck for petes sake!!!

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    :D they can give my wrangler unlimited a 17 out of 100 all they want. I bet if they took the top and doors off during the test and hit a few trails they would rate it higher.

Oh well, "It's a Jeep thing." There are jeep drivers and non-jeep drivers

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    :D they can give my wrangler unlimited a 17 out of 100 all they want. I bet if they took the top and doors off during the test and hit a few trails they would rate it higher.

Oh well, "It's a Jeep thing." There are jeep drivers and non-jeep drivers

+1. My Rubicon was rated the top 4x4 of the decade and now this? I wonder if it has to do with the new V6 or something. Pretty difficult to say that the 4 liter I6 isn't dependable.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You know if this was a article by a Car magazine I'd say ok, but Yahoo Finance and Forbes :n00b:.

If the Escalade is there, why not the Tahoe or Yukon, they are the same vehicle. Chevy Colorado is there so it's sister vehicle the GMC Canyon should be tied with it right? They roll right off the same assembly line and use the same parts just different trim levels.

Seen the same darn thing about my Isuzu Ascender, got bad ratings. Guess what, it's a GMC Envoy with what should have been the 2008 Buick Rainer's fender flairs and has the Trailblazer's front fog loghts. Rolled right off the assembly line with the Envoy and Trailblazer. Almost 2 years old functions flawlessly gets 20+ mpg on the highway. It also pulls my 6x12 trailer with nary a problem.

This is why I don't believe chit about some reviews given by some people.

Last edited:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My father biught a ford F100 new in 1979 ....I sold it 5 years ago with 285,000 on it can't argue with that .....but since 79 I havent seen a well made truck from the US ...guess I will stick to my TOYOTA .....

I guess the fact that the BIG 3 are made in CANADA and Mexico
    and the Toyota is made in The US ..could be a reason ...:dunno::popcorn:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    +1. My Rubicon was rated the top 4x4 of the decade and now this? I wonder if it has to do with the new V6 or something. Pretty difficult to say that the 4 liter I6 isn't dependable.

I love my old beater Cherokee and the I6 with 248,000 miles on it. Still runs like a top.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Like any statistic, the question here is "How did they count to arrive at these numbers? What were they counting? What didn't they count?"

I don't know about these particular surveys reported on in this article, but a similar survey I've seen in the past was based on warranty covered work in the first 90 days of ownership. That is likely to reflect trivial stuff like a loose door handle or whatever; not at all my idea of what constitutes "reliability."

Unless we know how they counted, you could very well have a situation where a Ford pickup that has a loose door handle at 10K miles, then runs another 300K without a hiccup, would score "less reliable" than a disposable Korean car that runs 80K and then blows a motor.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My father biught a ford F100 new in 1979 ....I sold it 5 years ago with 285,000 on it can't argue with that .....but since 79 I havent seen a well made truck from the US ...guess I will stick to my TOYOTA .....

I guess the fact that the BIG 3 are made in CANADA and Mexico
    and the Toyota is made in The US ..could be a reason ...:dunno::popcorn:

If memory serves me right majority of the Chevy 1500 extended cabs are made in Ft. Wayne. I'd buy another Chevy 1500 extended cab if I needed one again. I just got tired of trucks, had a 88 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4 that I bought off a guy who lost his job right after he got it and had it for 110 years and had my Chevy K1500 extended cab for 11 years. Not a problem with either on. So after almost 21 years with a truck, I decided to get a more people carrying friendly SUV.

The Ranger was totaled out by the guys son that bought it about 6 years ago, and my old Z71 is still running strong to the guy who owns it now.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I'm in the process of getting a new vehicle. Doesn't look like any on my list is on that list. I have narrowed my search to....

Toyota Venza
    Chevy Traverse
    Ford Edge
    Buick
    Honda Odyssey

The Toyota and Ford will probably be dropped next for need of a 6-7 passenger vehicle.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    I'll agree a Wrangler/CJ is a good vehicle if it was made in the I format and before they put computers in the systems. F-150's are weird and need alot of upkeep and weird oil levels and lots of other things that make them stand different from the rest, some see it as a hassle. The rest I could care less about. My Silverado is 7yo and still gets me where I need to go, and she's not on that list.
    (By the way, part of that rating system was JD Power too, not just Forbes and Yahoo)

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Like any statistic, the question here is "How did they count to arrive at these numbers? What were they counting? What didn't they count?"

I don't know about these particular surveys reported on in this article, but a similar survey I've seen in the past was based on warranty covered work in the first 90 days of ownership. That is likely to reflect trivial stuff like a loose door handle or whatever; not at all my idea of what constitutes "reliability."

Unless we know how they counted, you could very well have a situation where a Ford pickup that has a loose door handle at 10K miles, then runs another 300K without a hiccup, would score "less reliable" than a disposable Korean car that runs 80K and then blows a motor.
    "cough" Kia "cough" LOL

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Vehicle "reliability" or "quality" numbers are like financials of a company...the numbers can be cooked to say whatever they want.

The manufacturers keep track of how many problems they have per 100 vehicles off the assembly line, and when comparing these numbers typically the Japanese manufacturers lead the industry at least by a little. Of course, these numbers can be skewed like any others and Toyota's recent problems may be bridging that gap a little bit.

Top Bottom