• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Not so useless against earlier tanks.Panthers , tigers, yes.

Yeah, the film showed it being used against Pzkw 1 or 2 types. Also would have been effective against anything the Japanese fielded during the war. Their tanks were only really effective against Chinese peasants. Against a medium/heavy tank it would have been like using any heavy machine gun...not really the thing you want to do (Hey look! I'm over here!).

It looks like the .50 BMG bolt rifle of the day, would have made a good sniper rifle maybe, lots of anti-materiel uses.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The buzzard and horse camouflage was pretty unusual!

Regarding the rifle; any film that begins with the title "Stop That Tank" is going to depict something that I don't want to give a try.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Amazing! 1942 training film. 300 yard effective range but 100 is better! Sights calibrated for 300 and 500 yards, but we don’t use 500 any more.

Ok against Pz1, 2, and maybe 3. Also against armored cars and half tracks but they didn’t discuss use against light vehicles.

Sighting was pretty rudimentary. All up weight was 40#. I’d wasn’t my Bren Carrier to move me around and a Bren or two doing suppressive fire to keep the AFV buttoned up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    There are so many questions to be axed about this, Is it Single shot???, How is it loaded???.. have the magazines been modified??? Those conversions are fun but by their nature there are no rules.. Would not like to purchase a converted gun like that with out a walk through from the converter or owner...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    There are so many questions to be axed about this, Is it Single shot???, How is it loaded???.. have the magazines been modified??? Those conversions are fun but by their nature there are no rules.. Would not like to purchase a converted gun like that with out a walk through from the converter or owner...

You didn’t read the auction Info very closely, did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom