• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I don't know about charging the alarmed man with breach of peace. Educating him that people can and will legally carry firearms would be more proactive in the long run.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I don't know about charging the alarmed man with breach of peace. Educating him that people can and will legally carry firearms would be more proactive in the long run.

Well, if the bank called the police and activated their "robbery protocol", there were likely some scared tellers and patrons exposed to an armed response by keyed-up police. Very much akin to falsely yelling "fire" in a crowded, darkened theater, the words and actions of Gursky were lucky to not catalyze such a dangerous situation.

IMO, the taxpayers in Glastonbury should not have to foot a single cent of the bill to respond to this call, Gursky's fine should be sufficient to cover response and court costs.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    It is the same difference between calling in a bomb threat because you saw a suitcase get say down by a guy in a dark suit, and you yell bomb because a guy in a dark suit has a suitcase in his hand at the airport waiting for his plane. One is a credible threat, and you are urged to report it, the other causes needless alarm and panic.

I would expect a reaction to happen if you see someone walk into a bank with a gun in their hand, but not with one holstered.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, if the bank called the police and activated their "robbery protocol", there were likely some scared tellers and patrons exposed to an armed response by keyed-up police. Very much akin to falsely yelling "fire" in a crowded, darkened theater, the words and actions of Gursky were lucky to not catalyze such a dangerous situation.

IMO, the taxpayers in Glastonbury should not have to foot a single cent of the bill to respond to this call, Gursky's fine should be sufficient to cover response and court costs.

Trying to figure out your logic here. The guy didn't make a scene, and was acting with good intentions. How he ends up arrested, I'm not so sure. If anyone overreacted, it was the teller.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Trying to figure out your logic here. The guy didn't make a scene, and was acting with good intentions. How he ends up arrested, I'm not so sure. If anyone overreacted, it was the teller.

The teller? Really? Because nobody robs banks by passing tellers notes with the words "gun" or "bomb"... right?

Why else would you pass a teller a note like that?

maybe the police overreacted by responding to a bank panick alarm.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The teller? Really? Because nobody robs banks by passing tellers notes with the words "gun" or "bomb"... right?

Why else would you pass a teller a note like that?

maybe the police overreacted by responding to a bank panick alarm.

I don't think I've ever heard of a person passing a note to a bank teller that simply said "gun" or "bomb." And even so, what did the teller start doing, giving the guy bags of money? Perhaps he thought it was his lucky day, and started to walkout with the money.... then I can see arresting the guy.
    But I have the inkling that "if" the teller did start giving the guy money, he would have informed them of their misunderstanding.

As for bank panic alarms, I'm pretty sure you are unaware that those thing go off pretty commonly. Unless you want to start charging tellers for accidentally setting them of, or fining them, I suggest calmer head prevail, and call a misunderstanding/mistake exactly what it is. Inform the citizen of the legalities of carrying a weapon, and be done with it. If the guy is a serial offender in reporting MWG instances, then we can talk about charging him.

Seems like common sense police work. I wouldn't have arrested the guy.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I flat guarantee you that if you walk into a bank and hand the teller a note that says GUN that they will hit the alarm button. That is not over reacting.

:rolleyes:

But I recall you post these things because you are a troll who does it "...just to annoy. "

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I flat guarantee you that if you walk into a bank and hand the teller a note that says GUN that they will hit the alarm button. That is not over reacting.

:rolleyes:

But I recall you post these things because you are a troll who does it "...just to annoy. "

...I espcially enjoy annoying you, because you follow my posts like a good lil toadie.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by jbombelli I'm not annoyed. I just like to read the blatant stupidity that spews forth from your keyboard on a daily basis. And occasionally, when it REALLY gets lame, I respond

"Lame?" lol... just admit it I'm your man crush. :gheyhi:

You have a very pathetic personality issue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by jbombelli I'm not annoyed. I just like to read the blatant stupidity that spews forth from your keyboard on a daily basis. And occasionally, when it REALLY gets lame, I respond

You have a very pathetic personality issue.

...and you live in Mishawaka

Top Bottom