• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Packing in style: Women carrying concealed handguns want more fashionable options in their gun bags

I love the peace sign purse, but all of those are way too big for me. :) I'm not generally a purse carrying gal anyway.

060712_handguns_14_1492101c.jpg

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Low profile.

My lady likes her Vera Bradley purses and her G26 in a Uncle Mike's soft holster seems to work just fine for her. It is cool to see more options though and I will point her towards this thread. Thanks Spasmo! :)

PS: She is a member on here (Cloud Dancer) but for some reason (plausible deniability?) she generally uses my log in to browse here. :dunno: :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    Thanks for sharing this spasmo! I like the style of the yellow and purple purse. I will have to see if they have other colors and then put that on my list of things that I want for my birthday! If I get one, I will post pics! :)

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    my wife likes her coach purses with three pockets. the one zippered pockey in the middle is were she keeps her edc.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    All well and good until someone runs by and snatches the purse off your shoulder / out of your hands....

You'll find that there aren't very many proponents of "off body carry" for simple fact that it CAN be quite easy just take the bag (or forget it).

-J-

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    All well and good until someone runs by and snatches the purse off your shoulder / out of your hands....

You'll find that there aren't very many proponents of "off body carry" for simple fact that it CAN be quite easy just take the bag (or forget it).

-J-

You're welcome to come and try it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

88GT, I love you but I gotta side with the "keep it on you" crowd. A good pair of shears and the element of surprise and a crowd to get lost in and you're gunless and cashless. :dunno:

And pissed w/o recourse. :draw:I use a maxpedition bag (AKA my man purse) sometimes but I'm uncomfortable doing it. It has belt loops too though.
    Still prefer the strong side FBI cant.:ar15:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

MOST women (and men) just don't pay attention to what's going on around them. MOST women don't carry "snatch proof" bags - those with cut-resistant straps and beefier stitching to resist tearing.

You know as well as I do that you're hardly an example of "typical woman".

Though I'm guessing that short of you pulling a gun off your waistband, I could still probably come away with your bag should I (or someone my size/strength) want it.

I'd just not like to demonstrate for fear of hurting you (or me - despite my size and strength, I'm getting old...)

:D :yesway:

Although, that might be a decent scenario / class / angle for Shay & Mindset Lab to pursue - off body carry for women & the potential dangers therein.

-J-

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    88GT, I love you but I gotta side with the "keep it on you" crowd. A good pair of shears and the element of surprise and a crowd to get lost in and you're gunless and cashless. :dunno:

And pissed w/o recourse. :draw:I use a maxpedition bag (AKA my man purse) sometimes but I'm uncomfortable doing it. It has belt loops too though.
    Still prefer the strong side FBI cant.:ar15:

You have just argued against women carrying purses. Tell me, do you tell your wife/mother/sister/friend that she should stop carrying her purse because of all these reasons? I mean, I would be losing a firearm, sure. But every other woman would be losing how much more? Her ID. Perhaps her SS card. Her keys with her home address. What does the average woman carry in her purse that could be used to cause her harm if it fell in to the wrong hands? Seems to me there's so much more risk than simply losing a firearm and yet I never hear anybody preaching so holy about these things.

Sorry. I can't take the argument seriously when the logic is so ridiculously skewed.

If you want to frame how to carry in a different manner, by all means, go ahead. But arguing that the risk of losing the firearm is sufficient for me not to carry in a purse has no merit until you start telling all women to stop carrying purses altogether.

MOST women (and men) just don't pay attention to what's going on around them. MOST women don't carry "snatch proof" bags - those with cut-resistant straps and beefier stitching to resist tearing.

You know as well as I do that you're hardly an example of "typical woman".

Though I'm guessing that short of you pulling a gun off your waistband, I could still probably come away with your bag should I (or someone my size/strength) want it.

I'd just not like to demonstrate for fear of hurting you (or me - despite my size and strength, I'm getting old...)

:D :yesway:

Although, that might be a decent scenario / class / angle for Shay & Mindset Lab to pursue - off body carry for women & the potential dangers therein.

-J-

If brute strength is all you've got, I'll take my chances and keep the gun in the purse. I've got more working in my favor than simply my (in)ability to overcome superior strength.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Imo, the purses on the picture are ugly. And too big for a "purse".
    I can't justify spending the money on a Coach, but all of my handbag purchases require this feature specifically for this purpose.
    This! Before I started carrying I didn't think twice about it, of course, but now every single purse I buy requires a spot that is "gun only". I own a few purses I rarely use anymore because they don't have a dedicated gun pocket.
    As for Coach purses, that's just good money wasted that could have been used to buy a gun!

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Gun strong side IWB, purse on the weak side or a back pack. The back Packs nice because it doesn't impede my draw. Helps with concealment and leave me with both hands available. I am a terrible purse carrier anyway. If in a purse I need to have my hand in my bag ready if my awareness gives me some red flags or I don't think I would be fast enough to be effective.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Imo, the purses on the picture are ugly. And too big for a "purse".

This! Before I started carrying I didn't think twice about it, of course, but now every single purse I buy requires a spot that is "gun only". I own a few purses I rarely use anymore because they don't have a dedicated gun pocket.
    As for Coach purses, that's just good money wasted that could have been used to buy a gun!

I buy Coach purses for charity auction items. We get them at the Coach outlet store in Edinburg and use discount cupons. End up paying from $50 to under $100 for them. Not bad considering what others go for.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I am in NO WAY a fan of purse carry....

How is MrsGBuck supposed to fit my crap in her purse if she has a gun in there? :D :D :D

She asks, "Why do I have to carry your stuff?"
    To which I reply, "Why do I have to buy you such expensive damned purses?"

Conversation. Ended.

Top Bottom