Women Arming (Journal & Courier, Lafayette)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Growth among women is vital for this reason: the courts cannot go where the culture has not. Women are keepers of the culture. If guns become more accepted among women, then the culture becomes more and more accepting of the RKBA.
    One reason why all the "kitchen" comments on YouTube annoy me. Kirk is exactly on point with this. :yesway:

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    I saw this in the paper today and it is nice to finally see this kind of thing getting good press. I will say that when I go to Applied Ballistics it is always a pleasant surprise to see the amount of women in there shooting. My wife now wants to learn to shoot since I have been carrying she has taken an interest in them.

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Great article. And I agree with Junia, the pink guns are nice and all, they're just not my cup of tea. I don't like pink anything, but they are definitely different.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "packing heat".... *sigh* I suppose that had to show up somewhere in there... Not terribly fond of that expression. Nonetheless, overall it wasn't a bad article at all. I'll take it as a positive thing.

Blessings,
    Bill

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    There were a couple of things that were "meh". As stated upthread, the stereotypical "feminine color guns", and the "packing heat" comment (that grinds my gears, too).
    Also the "I like them. They are fun to shoot; personal protection is a big deal when you are a little small girl like me."... no, personal protection is a big deal when you are a person. Who wants protection. Male/female/big/little/tall/short/old/young... it's a big deal no matter which apply.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    There were a couple of things that were "meh". As stated upthread, the stereotypical "feminine color guns", and the "packing heat" comment (that grinds my gears, too).
    Also the "I like them. They are fun to shoot; personal protection is a big deal when you are a little small girl like me."... no, personal protection is a big deal when you are a person. Who wants protection. Male/female/big/little/tall/short/old/young... it's a big deal no matter which apply.

I agree with you JG, but I've also worked along-side Junia. That girl is TINY! She'll probably kill me for this, but she kinda looks like a Barbi doll. Almost any grown man could pick her up under one arm and carry her off!

I see both of your arguments, and agree with both.

I know better than to argue with a woman. ;)

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    My aunt and uncle live in Lafayette and she and I talked at length when I was up there last. Her husband owns two shotguns and one handgun. Neither of them have there LTCH and although I'm not from Indiana I spent about an hour talking to them both about reasons why they both should at least consider getti ng there LTCH.

When I told her I bought my first one she asked if I was going to get my conceal and I told her yes of course. She kind of laughed and said something along the lines of 'Good I'll keep you around to keep me safe.' And like any good little niece I told her she should just get her own. :)

She just sent me this article and said that after things settle her and her husband are going to be picking out a gun for her. :) I'm so proud.

Top Bottom