• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • _0llZll0_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I am interested in hearing about other womens experiences when shopping at the gun shops. The good and the bad!

I am the first to say i have walked out of a few. I can spend my money elsewhere.

I have had very positive experiences at the local gun shop. :)
    I will remember them next time i make a purchase.

Z

_0llZll0_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I just dont think they really took me seriously like i was wasting their time. I dont think they know what to do when a women walks in by herself. lol

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just dont think they really took me seriously like i was wasting their time. I dont think they know what to do when a women walks in by herself. lol

Nobody knows what to do when a woman walks in by herself, anywhere!

:):

Yes I have seen that a lot, not just with guns.
    If you are a woman most gun dealers will assume that you dont know anything about guns, that you just want something that looks cute in your pink purse or something that makes neat little holes in bad guys without breaking your cute nails. :rolleyes:
    If you are a man, on the other hand, they assume that you know all about guns, probably own a dozen already, even though you are coming to buy your very first gun and your wife knows more about guns than you do.

Sometimes I dont think they realize how they treat women or are mean in purpose.
    Some are maybe acting like real jerks, in that case you should tottaly leave the store. :yesway:

Im also wondering if some of them also take advantage of the fact that you a woman.Like trying to sell you crap that you dont need, thinking that you dont know anything about guns.
    It would be nice to do a test, one of you expert ladies could walk in a store and act like your are clueless about guns, and see what they try to sell you.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    one of you expert ladies could walk in a store and act like your are clueless about guns, and see what they try to sell you.

That has got to be the most devious, underhanded, sneaky idea I've heard in all my years of scheming and calculated espionage!!

Wily and tricky and altogether conniving!!

I lurve it. ;) :D :yesway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I lurve it. ;) :D :yesway:

Thanks monkey girl! :D

I would like to try it myself, but besides the fact that I dont look that good in women's clothes (not that I look good in men's clothes either :dunno:), im affraid of not being knowledgeable enough about guns and I would be genuinely clueless. :):

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Where are you located? And what's this local shop that actually treated you well?
    My experience has been that they either ignore me (especially when I walk in with the boyfriend) or try to steer me towards the pink guns, even though I'm looking at "manly" guns. :rolleyes:
    The few times I've walked in to a gun store by myself, it's been Blythe's in Griffith and they've been nothing but helpful. They treated me with respect and did not try to sell me something I clearly was not interested in.

I also have to say, I like the idea of walking in and acting like a clueless girl to see what they try to sell me. Very devious! :D

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My favorite is when they try to sell me a cheesy .22 pocket gun. Sometimes I do kinda play along and act clueless if they do that, and wait for an opportunity to make them look stupid, depending on my mood. I have had a lot of gun shops treat me very respectfully though. And they should. I have just as much buying power as a man, control most of the household budget, and usually do my homework before making a big purchase. Most of my experiences have been favorable, the worst i've had recently is being somewhat ignored, and that might not have anything to do with gender.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Where are you located? And what's this local shop that actually treated you well?
    My experience has been that they either ignore me (especially when I walk in with the boyfriend) or try to steer me towards the pink guns, even though I'm looking at "manly" guns. :rolleyes:
    The few times I've walked in to a gun store by myself, it's been Blythe's in Griffith and they've been nothing but helpful. They treated me with respect and did not try to sell me something I clearly was not interested in.

I also have to say, I like the idea of walking in and acting like a clueless girl to see what they try to sell me. Very devious! :D

Devious is good. I think it would make a good TV show too!

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    It would be nice to do a test, one of you expert ladies could walk in a store and act like your are clueless about guns, and see what they try to sell you.

So you're asking women to pretty much be themselves?

:scared:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    My favorite is when they try to sell me a cheesy .22 pocket gun. Sometimes I do kinda play along and act clueless if they do that, and wait for an opportunity to make them look stupid, depending on my mood. I have had a lot of gun shops treat me very respectfully though. And they should. I have just as much buying power as a man, control most of the household budget, and usually do my homework before making a big purchase. Most of my experiences have been favorable, the worst i've had recently is being somewhat ignored, and that might not have anything to do with gender.

I notice/care more now, as I'm more concerned with owning my own, instead of just going to the range with my dad when I was younger. I've also experienced gun shops addressing the boyfriend as though he makes decisions for me. I hate that more than being ignored.

Top Bottom