Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    WATCH OUT for those guns firing off on their own! :dunno:
    Man injured after gunshot wound to chest
    Man injured after gunshot wound to chest - 13 WTHR

Indianapolis - One man is in serious condition after a gunshot wound to the chest. It happened in the 3000 block of 48th Street on the Northwest Side of Indianapolis. The victim was transported to Wishard Hospital awake and conscious.

A female subject told police that she got in a fight with her husband and "the gun went off." Police now believe she intentionally shot him in the chest. The suspect is being detained for questioning. IMPD Sgt. Paul Thompson said there was a 3-year-old girl in the home at the time of the shooting. The girl is the victim's daughter and is not related to the suspect.

Police have taken the girl into protective custody because they haven't found a family member to take her.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Don't know about ya'll... but even if my gun did somehow just "go off" while Cathy and I were having an argument, she wouldn't get shot in the chest. Depending on how I was sitting, I suppose my holstered firearm coult be pointing at my leg, so I could get shot in the leg....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Don't know about ya'll... but even if my gun did somehow just "go off" while Cathy and I were having an argument, she wouldn't get shot in the chest. Depending on how I was sitting, I suppose my holstered firearm coult be pointing at my leg, so I could get shot in the leg....

Well then I wouldn't even consider that a "real" argument. ;)

:draw:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Yeah, the POS that murdered my mother in 1970 claimed his gun "accidentally" went off. My mother was shot five times with a revolver. Since I was there, I obviously knew that wasn't the case.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yeah, the POS that murdered my mother in 1970 claimed his gun "accidentally" went off. My mother was shot five times with a revolver. Since I was there, I obviously knew that wasn't the case.

Please tell us the POS was found guilty of murder and sentenced.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    How many times is this thread going to be moved???? I put it in Women & Firearms section because it delt with a woman and a firearm. Then it gets moved to the Breakroom and now its in the General Firearms section.... STOP moving it for the love of god! hahaha I can't find it!!

Carry on... :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    How many times is this thread going to be moved???? I put it in Women & Firearms section because it delt with a woman and a firearm. Then it gets moved to the Breakroom and now its in the General Firearms section.... STOP moving it for the love of god! hahaha I can't find it!!

Carry on... :D

Seems more like a "Carry Issues and Self Defense" issue to me. :):

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Please tell us the POS was found guilty of murder and sentenced.
    Well, the case was a bit botched. Many years later(I was 3 1/2 years old when this happened), I talked to somebody who had been on the jury. He told me the jury was upset that the prosecutor couldn't present a better case. He ended up being sentenced to not less than 15 years, not more than 25. From my understanding, Indiana had variable sentencing in 1971. He ended up serving 10 years before he was paroled. He served 10 years in prison for what was definitely First-degree murder and attempted murder. I say attempted because he fired a round at me and missed as I was running to hide behind the bedroom door.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Well, the case was a bit botched. Many years later(I was 3 1/2 years old when this happened), I talked to somebody who had been on the jury. He told me the jury was upset that the prosecutor couldn't present a better case. He ended up being sentenced to not less than 15 years, not more than 25. From my understanding, Indiana had variable sentencing in 1971. He ended up serving 10 years before he was paroled. He served 10 years in prison for what was definitely First-degree murder and attempted murder. I say attempted because he fired a round at me and missed as I was running to hide behind the bedroom door.

Is he still breathing?

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    My grandfather's girlfriend stood at the foot of his bed and shot him 18 times in the heart. (had to reload once) She got 10 years in 1977, out in 7 I think. I am not going to ruin my life for what she did as it won't bring Grandpa back. I got my love of 22's from him.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I talked to somebody who had been on the jury. He told me the jury was upset that the prosecutor couldn't present a better case.

I think this is actually fairly common. I served on two criminal juries, and in both of them, the prosecution was pitiful.

Also, a couple of years ago, I witnessed a domestic violence incident. I called the police while it was happening and gave a description, BGPD caught the guy and I gave a statement to one of the arresting officers. Several months later, I get a postcard saying I needed to show up in court. I fully expected to be contacted by a prosecutor who would have me tell the story, and would ask some questions. Nope. Not one. The day of trial, I show up, and the prosecutor finds me in the courtroom, and asks a few questions, and that was it. The trial got continued because the victim didn't show up (yeah, she was a real winner too), and I thought it would give the prosecutor another chance to actually prepare a case. Nope. Same thing - days of trial, same prosecutor finds me in the courtroom, and asks the same questions, because he hadn't taken any notes the first time! None of his questions really were about the incident. I decided that if I was going to tell my story, it was going to have to be in spite of the prosecutor!

But, the slime defendant, who had been in jail the whole time, plead guilty to a felony, so it was a moot point.

Top Bottom