• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe the gun owner could post a picture of the woman in his front yard with a label that says "This woman possesses all of the necessary equipment to facilitate prostitution. Do you want her around your children?"

In this PC world he would bear the full brunt of angry housewives across the nation.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    It just amazes me how far some of the anti-gun people go out of their fear of guns. And they call us crazy.

Now, although I think it is stupid crazy and mean to post a sign like that, there is no legal issue with it afaik. Therefore, she is exercising her 1st and that is fine. Also, I wonder how many others carry around that school just like this guy? I doubt he is the only one.

All her sign really proves is she is ignorant of the fact that many people conceal (where legal). She found out in this case so it clearly violated her false sense of security with her fear of guns.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    People still think their feelings trump another person's rights. No one has a RIGHT to go through life NOT being offended by something. Not to mention, I have yet to have someone explain to me what it really means to be "offended" in the first place. It's become just another watered-down overused buzz word.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    People still think their feelings trump another person's rights. No one has a RIGHT to go through life NOT being offended by something. Not to mention, I have yet to have someone explain to me what it really means to be "offended" in the first place. It's become just another watered-down overused buzz word.

Yea, I see this all the time in comment sections of stories involving guns. Someone always pulls out the argument that they have "a right to feel safe" and believe that should trump the right to carry a gun, especially openly. Of course this is easily defeated by asking them to point to the amendment giving them the right to always feel safe and showing them the 2nd for those carrying guns.

If we were not allowed to do anything that scared/offended other people we would basically not be allowed to do anything at all. There is a phobia of everything out there. It is not my responsibility to ensure I don't do something that triggers your phobia.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So really this is all about her and her ability to express her opinion. If she was truly concerned about the sensitive children being scared she would not have outed the guy. So in this case it is really not about the children.

The guy needs to get a T-Shirt to wear everyday he takes his kids to school:

I'm prepared to protect my children.

How do you plan to protect your children?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I think she's being very immature and acting like a spoiled brat. If she has a problem with him carrying guns, Then she should go about it the proper way.

What's the proper way of handling the situation? If he is legally carrying a weapon then there is nothing she should be doing, except maybe keeping her nose in her own business.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I've been trying to come up with a clever rebuttal sign. This is what I've got:
    (arrow toward my house) "path of armed resistance"
    (arrow toward the moron) "path of least resistance"
    underneath both "choose wisely"

should I copywrite it and start making copies?

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    KellyinAvon
    That is an interesting idea. I wonder what her response would be to that? Would she see it differently then?

Top Bottom