• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Has anyone got any experience running wolf ammo through a M&P40c? I found a pretty good deal I think 500rds for $139. I know it's steel cased but I'm not reloading and will be shooting on private property outdoors. I know it isn't the best quality, but I'm just looking to put some rounds thru this new gun. I've shot Wolf in 7.62x39 and my SKS eats it all day. Just looking for some input, thanks in advance.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought a bunch of 9mm Wolf and have run a lot through my Beretta CX4 Storm. Not exactly a handgun, but it has shot nicely through it on the range nevertheless.

I'd say go for it too...

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I chronoed some Wolf when I was working up some 9mm loads this winter. It was hitting right at 820 fps. A little slow but it goes bang and cycles.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Wolf is fine, but you don't want to run it through anything with a gas tube.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think you should be good. I have only ran that stuff a very few times, but I have never had a problem with it in any of my handguns. That m&p should eat it up. I say go for it.

saw223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I've run it through an AR, some 1911's, and a glock 9mm. I'm sure if you've shot it in 7.62x39 then you probably know that it's a tad on the dirty side. :D

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Wolf ammo

I have shot a little Wolf ammo and would buy more if it was cheap enough.I have heard though that their non steel cased ammo has a tendency to split every once in a while

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Has anyone got any experience running wolf ammo through a M&P40c? I found a pretty good deal I think 500rds for $139. I know it's steel cased but I'm not reloading and will be shooting on private property outdoors. I know it isn't the best quality, but I'm just looking to put some rounds thru this new gun. I've shot Wolf in 7.62x39 and my SKS eats it all day. Just looking for some input, thanks in advance.

I can't say anything about .40, but I've shot A LOT of Wolf 9mm and .45 without problem. My 1911 and M&P45 will eat Wolf ammo all day without a hiccup.

Be prepared to spend some time cleaning, though. It seem dirtier than a lot of other brands.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I ran a couple hundred rounds of 9mm through my m&p9 and 9c. I had zero failures of any kind. I noticed it didn't group as well, but if you are just looking to punch holes in paper, does it really matter?

Matthew

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've never had an issue with Wolf ammo in any firearm. I've been told not to run it in my M16, and I have for years. I've been told not to run it in nice pistols, and I have for years. It doesn't hurt anything in my experience. It's dirty but it's cheap and in todays economy, that's a good thing.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Have shot .40 and .45 in several different guns and other than being on the mild side, worked fine. Don't necessarily throw those cases away. I have been reloading the .45 ACP for a few years. I have not tried reloading the .40's yet, but know a few that have.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Have shot cases through my AR and SKS with no problems. My CETME and .308 rem700 police model eats it up also. Never tried in handgun yet:dunno: As far as dirty goes, I have switched to silver bear. Almost as cheap and runs a lot cleaner. Don't see why it wouldn't run in handguns. The steel cases are no longer lacquered and the steel is often softer than good brass.

Top Bottom