• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I'll be in a hand cast for 6 weeks. Now I wish I kept my .38 snubbie. Can't clear a ftf on my pistols one handed. Live and learn. I do have a ruger singlesix with 22 mag cylinder, guess I'll load that up.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    You can do it, but its not easy or particularly fast.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJQY8v9V6AM[/ame]

Of course, neither is reloading a revolver one handed. Both require a lot of practice to be decent at.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Ruger Six shooter will suffice till your back to 100%,

Had a torn rotator cuff once after a scuffle with a perp, and a S&W M36 became my friend. Pain management does work but a cast, sling, stitches-staples, produce various wierd applications of weak hand draw, etc. Not to forget the other motor functions: Shaving, brushing teeth, eating, stirring coffee, and so on.

After release, had to requal with weak hand shooting to start back to work. Took a while after to really be "recovered". Go to a gun show and buy a left hand holster(if you are right handed) see if it will help. May open a door you never thought of.

A few Firearms Instructors use to teach a short lesson of "Mirror" carry so 2 of the same(or similar) firearms could be carried and deployed if needed.
    In the "Day" we often carried 2 firearms, some similar, to be prepped for anything.
    Good luck, and hope your recovery goes well.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    The rear sights serve a dual purpose, find ledge jam rear sights on ledge and shove down hard on gun. Not good for sights, good for living :).

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'll be in a hand cast for 6 weeks. Now I wish I kept my .38 snubbie. Can't clear a ftf on my pistols one handed. Live and learn. I do have a ruger singlesix with 22 mag cylinder, guess I'll load that up.

i am a firm believer that EVERYONE should own at least one wheel gun

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The rear sights serve a dual purpose, find ledge jam rear sights on ledge and shove down hard on gun. Not good for sights, good for living :).

Or teach yourself to rack the slide on your pants. Train for the worst case scenario. One of the things I could not do with my Glock was rack the slide on my leg. The slide was too smooth. My SIG I can easily rack the slide on my pants/shorts. Once you figure it out, you can do it everytime.

Top Bottom