Wisconsin Sheriff says calling 911 not always best option....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    And the predictable lackey's response:

Jeri Bonavia, executive director of Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort, said she hears "over and over" from most law enforcement officials that the community should work to "take more guns off the streets, not add more."
    "What (Clarke's) talking about is this amped up version of vigilantism," Bonavia said. "I don't know what his motivations are for doing this. But I do know what he's calling for is dangerous and irresponsible and he should be out there saying this is a mistake."
    Group hug now, and another round of Kumbaya? (The WAVE tools still have the hoodie photos up, haven't they moved on yet?)

Defending yourself in your home is vigilantism? Someone's been nipping at the kool-aid.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wow, a 2 minute response time. Good for them. Once again, when seconds count...

"That doesn't sound smart," Felber said. "That's why society has police officers."

Really? Huh, I thought they were for LAW ENFORCEMENT. Guess police in Wisconsin are kinda like the citizens own personal Secret Service detail. What is the ration of protectors to protectees anyways? Might have to look into moving there. I mean, to bear no responsibility for my personal safety would free me of so much stress and time spent training that I could do more productive things like catch up on Honey freakin Boo Boo, Survivor and American Idol.

:laugh:read the comment posted at 7:33 today by Mr Speedway in the OP's first link:laugh:

After reading through several pages of comments; I have always know that Wisconsin is a fairly left leaning state but DAMN! Those people are freakin nuts! Why can't those who choose not to own guns just say hey, it's not for me? Why does their irrational fear trump my desire and right to protect myself?

Last edited:

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    This is a pleasant surprise.
    While I think everyone here is in FULL agreement with the sheriff's comments, it may be difficult to get our Non-gun owner friends to agree with this.
    I hope to pass on to my non-gun friends that they have the same choice. Fight or hide. I hope to graciously to discuss openly gun ownership and the benefits of the training that may very well one day save their lives, or the lives of their loved ones.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I love how Sheriffs are coming out with these comments. The left wants to make it look like all LE wants ppl disarmed. "Guns off the streets" means CRIMINALS WITH GUNS, not good citizens.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    ^^ nice..

Im tired of liberals twisting everything, from Benghazi, to Sandy hook, to everything involving guns. Its to the point, I dont ever want to listen to the news anymore, I just get frustrated and pissed off. No one is there, on our side, unless you listen to fox. But then its just US listening to things we already know. Its not changing anything. Something drastic needs to happen. This is not the way this country was intended to run.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "What (Clarke's) talking about is this amped up version of vigilantism," Bonavia said. "I don't know what his motivations are for doing this.

What a dolt.

Instead of promoting vigilantism, Felber said, money should be found to hire more police officers and deputies.

Since Felber is a member of the Sheriff's ass., I'm assuming he's on the public payroll when I say: Statements like this lend credence to Prometheus' comment in another thread that employees of the government should not be allowed to vote as they'll act in conflict to the interest of the public.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I'm shocked. This is from the Sheriff of Milwaukee County one of the most liberal and left leaning counties in the country! And it's an elected position.

I don't know what to say.....

I guess this makes sense - Election 2010 | Milwaukee County Sheriff - Clarke defeats Moews in Milwaukee County sheriff's primary

appointed by a Rep, isn't the union Dem choice and he's black. Going to be tough for the Dems in Milw to get rid of a black sheriff. If you're a black politician in Milw you're getting re-elected no matter what, unless you get busted and are in jail.

Ex-Ald. Michael McGee Jr. leaves federal prison, to start state term

That's just the way it is.
    (I'm from Milw originally)

bluegrassrules

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    I would say if you need to defend yourself "Right Now!" then even stoping to make a phone call would not be prudent, I mean there is no time-outs in a life or death encounter.

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    I went to college in Wisconsin and lived there quite a long time. It's amazing to me how much different the views of the politicians in madison and the views of the residents/law enforcement is. Wisconsin should be one of the most relaxed states on gun control and it is definitely not.

Top Bottom