• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bod

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I am having some problems with my Winchester Model 100 in 308 caliber. This is a semi auto rifle I bought this gun a year or so ago from a friend. The gun had a problem of the case jamming in the chamber after firing the round. The extractor actually slips off the rim of the case. As soon as you close the bolt back over the rim it will come right out. I knew it had this problem when I purchased it but I was wanting to see if I could hndle the challenge. I did a little research on these guns and I know they have some problems with fouling of the gas system. I tore the gun down and cleaned it really good. Checked to see if the recall had been done, which it hadn't, so I got the firing pin from Winchester and replaced that while I was at it. The chamber looked a little rough so I had it polished. I checked the extractor and it looked good, wasn't rounded or anything, had a good hook on it. The extractor was sticking a little so I cleaned it up and it was moving good when I was done. Took it out shooting and the first 3-4 rounds fired and extracted good, then it jammed again. I tried 3 or 4 different factory rounds and they all jammed at some point. I even tried some Wolf steel case ammo and it jammed also. I thought just for the fun of it I would try some reloads that I made up for this gun. Everyone extracted out fine. I have shot over 20 rounds of my reloads with no problems. I used a Lee full length sizing die, so they were not small based sized. I have no problem reloading for this gun but I am concerned as to why I can't shoot Factory Ammo without it jamming. Any ideas????:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom