0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    What’s stuck on my floor plate??? ;)

ptgdbm002.jpg

ptgdbm003.jpg

ptgdbm004.jpg

Why it's PTG's new win 70/FN SPR DBM :D
    https://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.co...ucts_id=1401&zenid=7kihkv4psf6cp244ion1dkcit7

It dropped right into my floor plate inlet. I may have to remove a little bedding (user applied) from the previous hinged floorplate to get it to feed 100% as it looks like the rim of the cartridges in the mag needs to come up a little to fully engage the bolt face every time. That should be an easy fix and I bet had I not bedded the previous floor plate it would be good to go.

The short throat in this rifle (Winchester stealth 308 in a FN/SPR stock) coupled with the OAL the magazine will accept (2.9+ uses AI AE mk1 mags) will make running long nosed VLD's into or just off the lands (shooter's choice) a piece of cake.

I may just take this rifle to Montana this year and leave the 260 at home... teamed up with JLK's 180gr LB-VLD (got to love it's .580g1) it would be bad medicine on Mule Deer and Coyote.

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    As a side note, I tinkered around tonight since I had a little more time and the issue I was having with feeding was not related to the bedding I did on the previous floorplate nor the DBM but was due to the feed lips on that one mag being slightly more open on the end near the neck of the shell casing when loaded into the mag. This allowed the cartridge to assume a very slight nose high postion and lowered the case head just enough that the bolt would not pick it up on rounds two and three from the mag. After a carefull adjustment of those lips inward and the issue was fixed, also the second mag I tried was good as is. So if anyone runs into this thats the first place to look.

Also, for those that reload the mag can accept a COAL of ~2.95"

Top Bottom